• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Problems ~ Recently Downloaded Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently (within past few days) downloaded Digital Editions.

With no USB cable to hand I decided the only way was to use an SD card and so prceeded to save a borrowed item. I was able to read it in my Digital Editions but not copy and past it to my eReader.

However, shortly afterwards I discovered a suitable USB cable.
This prompted me to reopen my Digital Editions
so that I could authorize my old eReader.

* I had thought that would solve the first problem I had encountered…
being able to read Adobe's Welcome ePub on my eReader but not the borrowed ebook.
(both files were added to eReader at same time from an SD card).

After reading that is how it must be done with borrowed items, I attempted this morning to
use the USB to *Transfer* my borrowed book .

** On opening my Digital Editions, unlike yesterday evening, there was no book visible, although when taking the steps to open it  from where it had been saved to
(dragging etc etc etc from SD Card )
I was informed it was 'already in library' ...
although there is visible trace of it anywhere in my Digital Editions.

*** Also, I see a recognised SD card to the left of my page but whenever I click on it Digital Editions appears to crash.

**** Also, when attempting to authorise my eReader all authorization facilities (under 'Help') are grayed out.

***** Also, I have tried various recommended keystrokes such as 'ctrl-shift-D in library view' but with zero success.

****** I am currently considering removing Digital Editions but am unsure how to entirely remove it from both my computer and the SD card.

Sorry for the Long message.

Please can you help?

Windows XP SE / Google Chrome

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Certainly you will only be able to transfer library books if you register ADE with an explicit Adobe ID first, then register the device, then borrow the books.

Any books you borrow before registering ADE won't be readable after registering.

One thing that may help to complete registration removal is to go to the registry and delete the key  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Adobe\Adept\Activation and all subkeys.

(normal caveat: backup the registry first).

You may find that will then let you authorize without reinstall.  Uninstall/reinstall is unlikely to help.

You may well find v1.7.2 works better; ADE2 is riddled with bugs and seems to suffer especially under XP.

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines