• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I get rid of "widgetmax.com"?

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall seeing a place, somewhere in Robo 10, where I can change widgetmax.com to something else. I've gotten my first complaint from a reviewer about this. Where do I go to change it?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Try clicking View > Pods > User Defined Variables. It's probably a variable.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn’t there. The frustrating thing is that I remember seeing it somewhere!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the reviewer lodged the complaint, they didn't say where they saw it? That would provide a big clue.

Try generating WebHelp and see if you can find it using search. If so, that may provide a clue where it's lurking.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other thought. I believe when I set that up, WidgetMax.com is the fictitious site pointed to by the CompanyURL variable. So when you look at the variables pod you can't rely on just looking at the list of variables. Look at the value on the right side. Remember, variables may also be formatted. And in this case, likely the CompanyURL is still pointing to WidgetMax.com.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He didn’t say, but it there is a “Web Page” button at the top of every page, and when you click that button, it goes to www.widgetmax.com<http://www.widgetmax.com>. (That’s a real site, so I wonder what the relationship is between the site owner and Adobe!)

I uncheck “Button 1”, which should cause that button to disappear, but it’s still there after a compile.

I couldn’t find a “Variables” pod, just “User defined Variables”, and that doesn’t have a CompanyURL item or value.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After several compiles, the "Web Site" button has finally disappeared. I still get the error:

www.widgetmax.com

HHC5003: Error:

Compilation failed while compiling http:\www.widgetmax.com.

So, it's in there somewhere, but is hiding. I think I've been through every menu and sub-menu, but can't find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahhhh, okay. I have you now.

I believe it's in the Window definition. I know you said you de-selected button one. Try re-selecting that button and click the Advanced Properties button. That's where the link is hiding.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick, you were right on the money on that! Thank you!

If anyone ever did a good RoboHelp manual, it would be worth its weight in gold!

Again, thank you!

Lee Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If anyone ever did a good RoboHelp manual, it would be worth its weight in gold!"

Want to put your money where your mouth is?

The problem is the life of such a book would be no more than about eighteen months. In that time it is difficult to get your money back to pay for the time. But if payment in gold is a possibility...

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LOL, not to mention the fact that "a good RoboHelp manual" is very subjective.

What one person may think is awesome another will sneer at.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Peter. I’m fresh out of gold. But, if I did online help full-time, it would certainly be worth my while to have someone who knows the app to teach a course. Do it in Boston and maybe Silicon Valley, and you could probably make enough to buy real gold! 8-)

I have watched Adobe go further downhill, as more and more complexity is added without a lot of help resources. With apps like Flare offering clean single-sourcing and local training, it’s getting harder to stay with Adobe. I so miss Aldus and Macromedia!

<end_politics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As far as training goes, it costs so much for travel these days. Webinar type of training is often far more efficient as nobody on either side has to travel. While I see a fair number of classes where folks try to cram it all in over the course of three days, arrangements can even be made so a course would occur over a longer span of time and perhaps in the evenings.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s very true. Web-based training has made companies like Lynda.com very successful!

Lee Anne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True, Lynda.com is one way web based training works.

What I was referring to was training where you have a live instructor at a computer and you are connected and able to see the instructor's screen or s/he sees yours and the training works exactly like being together in a classroom. The difference is there is no classroom. The software that connects you is the classroom.

You are still able to ask any questions that emerge as they come up. The Lynda.com training isn't quite like that. It's more like watching YouTube videos.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I took the lynda.com robohelp course, it was helpful to begin. I've now turned to the forum for any questions etc. Does anyone know of other online self-paced tutorials? Prefer free/cheap....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp