• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Android Flash player

Community Beginner ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hy,I have downloaded and installed flash player on my galaxy s4.I downloaded 4.0 version but still it doesnt work.I tryed everything but everytime I try to watch any video on internet it said that I need to install flash player which is installed?thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

There is no more Flash Player for Android and there won't be another. Android is no longer compatible with Flash Player, since June 2012. Playing Flash content is very processor consumptive and it drains your battery, also shortening the life of it. Android (Google) recommends using either "Dolphin" or "Puffin" as your browser if you need to view Flash content with a mobile device running Android. They're both free in the GooglePlay store. These browsers use "server side" rendering to reduce the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no more Flash Player for Android and there won't be another. Android is no longer compatible with Flash Player, since June 2012. Playing Flash content is very processor consumptive and it drains your battery, also shortening the life of it. Android (Google) recommends using either "Dolphin" or "Puffin" as your browser if you need to view Flash content with a mobile device running Android. They're both free in the GooglePlay store. These browsers use "server side" rendering to reduce the load on your device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I know there isn't flash player on android google play store anymore

but I saw this on your forum so I tried it but it doesnt work

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boban77 wrote:

Yes I know there isn't flash player on android google play store anymore

but I saw this on your forum so I tried it but it doesnt work

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1061194

That's an old article (May 2010) and it was written when Android still worked with Flash Player. There are some folks who still have a device running Android 1 or 2 that it applies for, so it's still up. For 3 or 4, you need one of the server side browsers, since Google has blocked access in Android OS to Flash Player for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouu I didnt see that sorry,and I just downloaded dolphin and this second

browser and it doesnt work,still asking for flash player.But thank you for

your help we can just hope that flash player will soon again be on google

playarket because it's really frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

boban77 wrote:

Ouu I didnt see that sorry,and I just downloaded dolphin and this second

browser and it doesnt work,still asking for flash player.But thank you for

your help we can just hope that flash player will soon again be on google

playarket because it's really frustrating.

Google was quite clear when they dropped the support, that Android OS would never again be compatible with Flash technology. Adobe continued releasing "security" fixes up till Spetember 10 last year. That was the last Flash update for Android they'll ever make.

HTML5 is the standard for video now and anyone who doesn't use it for video, is literally shutting out half or more of their site visitors. By 2016, it'll be almost impossible to find Flash video on the web. Flash games will still be out there, but video and Flash are parting ways, thanks to phones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's bad decision from Google,did they gave explanation why they dropped

flash player from market?

Yes but there are so many sites that support only flash player and you

can't watch it on your phone just because they're stupid decision and it

would be fine if there is some other option but they gave us no choice but

to watch that videos only from PC which is really stupid for all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason they gave is the same one Steve Jobs gave eight years ago when the first iPhone was releaased.

"Playing Flash content is processor consumptive and it drains batteries in mobile devices. This also shortens the battery life in these devices. For that reason, iOS will not be compatible with Flash technology."

It took more than six years, but Google said the same thing, and followed Apple's lead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser are you using ? try to use either "Dolphin" or "Puffin" as your browser if you need to view Flash content with a mobile device running Android.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help but I tried both browsers and no way...just cant watch that flash videos

Sent from Samsung Mobile

<div

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And Im using samsung gs4 android of course

Sent from Samsung Mobile

<div

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found "Flash Fox" as a browser that processes Flash.  The audio and video are slightly out of sync, but it beats nothing.  It is working on my Galaxy S3 and Note 10.1 2014 Edition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines