Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

it's there but won't work

Jan 21, 2014 Jan 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Programmes which use flashplayer have started telling me I don't have it and offer download. I have tried to do this without success. I have deleted existing version and downloaded latest, no change. Adobe checker tells me I have none loaded but control panel says I downloaded latest version today. I have checked enabling in Internet Explorer and java, it's OK. Can anyone suggest remedy. Thanks Diarmid

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of IE and what Windows version are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mike, it's windows 7 32bit and ie 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure ActiveX Filtering is disabled: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/867968

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Pat I have unchecked the box in safety but no result. I am now getting an intermittent error message #1009 " cannot access a property or method of a null object reference" Way beyond my paygrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such errors can occur if you have the debug version of Flash Player installed.

Unfortunately the test page that show you if the debug player is installed has disappeared.  I will contact the Flash Player team about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

IE11 is most likely the culprit. Microsoft intentionally altered the ID strings for IE11 so pages can't properly recognize it. (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2013/09/21/internet-explorer-11-user-agent-string-ua-str...) Try another browser:

Firefox (from Mozilla)

Opera (from Opera)

Safari (from Apple)

Chrome (from Google)

ANY of those will work where IE11 won't, with the Flash Player Plug-in (For all other browsers), and Chrome doesn't even need that because it has its own Flash Player plugin built in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines