• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Differences between Elements and Premiere Elements

Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the feature differences between Photoshop Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements?

Do I need both programs since it appears that Photoshop Elements is embedded into Premiere Elements?

Thanks, Ron

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

Premier elements and Photoshop elments are two diffrent software.

Whereas you can purchase then as a bundle .

Premier elements is basicaly used for Vedio editiing and Photoshop Elements is used for Still Pic editing.

Below are the links for features about premier elements and photoshop elements.

Premier elements 12:-http://www.adobe.com/products/premiere-elements/features.html

Photoshop Elements12:-http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements/features.html

Regards

Karandeep Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Reg1987,

Premiere elements is a video editing software whereas photoshop elements

is an image editing software. Photoshop elements is a different software. Premiere

elements also consists of an Organizer which is part of premiere elements.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reg,

Part of the problem is not understanding what the names of the two programs are:

Photoshop Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements?

As pointed out, the two separate programs are:

Adobe Photoshop Elements (Image editing program)

Adobe Premiere Elements (video editing program)

Either, or both, will come with the Elements Organizer, but if one has both programs, only one version of that will be installed.

Also, as mentioned above, there can be user confusion, when one buys the bundle with both programs (plus the Elements Organizer) inside.

Good luck, and if you need additinal clarification, do not hesitate to ask.

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have both Adobe Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements (which includes Photoshop Elements).  Thus do I need both or will just Premiere elements suffice to handle both Images and video?

I have used Elements for some time, but recently to support some videos I downloaded the bundled Premiere Elements and now it seems like I have two Photoshop Elements.  What  am I not understanding?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a very limited capability for Adobe Premiere Elements to edit Images, but that capability really only translates to the use of the Image in Video - which Adobe Premiere Elements edits well.

Adobe Photoshop Elements is a full-featured Image editor, and can output to say a printer, or to another program, such as Premiere Elements.

If you wish to do any Image editing, you will want Adobe Photoshop Elements. If you wish to do any video editing, you will want Adobe Premiere Elements.

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you already owned Adobe Photoshop Elements, and then bought the bundle, you DO have two copies of Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Are they the same version, say Adobe Photoshop Elements 12, or different versions?

Good luck,

Hunt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you HAD Photoshop Elements, and then you BOUGHT a Photoshop Elements and Premiere Elements bundle

What version of Photoshop Elements did you HAVE, and what version did you recently BUY?

Premiere Elements is to edit video, Photoshop Elements is to edit pictures

You may include pictures in a video, but Premiere Elements has very limited picture editing capabilities... you would normally edit pictures in Photoshop Elements before adding the picture to a video timeline

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had Photoshop Elements 12 and then bought the Elements Premiere Bundle 12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ron,

So you have two photoshop Elements 12. If you want you can contact adobe and get the refund for 1 photoshop elements 12 if you have purchase either 1 of the software within 30 day.

Regards

Karandeep singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reg1987

Is the date of purchase for Photoshop Elements 12 that you had initially within 30 days of today? And, did you purchase that from Adobe online. If so, you should be able to use the link below to start your contact with Adobe via Adobe Chat regarding a money back.

http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=premiere-elements&topic=orders-refunds-and-exchanges

After you click on the link above, click on the statement "I still need help." to bring up the Adobe Chat so that you can work out the details related to orders/refunds/exchanges.

The important matter right now is that you act promptly in sorting this matter out so that you do not lose your rights in this regard.

If your purchase was other than what is suggested above, Adobe Chat should be able to advise you of the next step with regard to the vendor from whom you did purchase the software.

What exactly do you need in a program, photo editing, video editing, or both?

Thanks.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've received a refund for my "extra" copy of Adobe Photoshop Elements.

Thanks for all your help!

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ron,

Great news. Speedy action on the part of Adobe. Good job by all.

Please do not hesitate to ask questions and please let us know if you need clarification on anything written.

Success with your projects.

ATR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines