• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Compatibility issue of HTML help generated with RoboHelp and Application created in Borland Delphi

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2014 Jan 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have generated an HTML help for a desktop application developed in BorlanDelphi environment. Now when i am giving the CHM to developers, the context sensitive help is not working. Is there anything else that i need to give along with the CHM file.

Earlier when i used to generate context sensitive help using Doc-to Help, only CHM file was required. The context senseitive help would run perfectly fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you give them a mapid file so that they know which topics to call?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes. i gave the map id file too. In RoboHelp, by default the MapID file is created in the poject folder with the name BSSCDefault.h. I gave this map file too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are they getting anything launched when they call a topic from the application?

IIRC, there’s a CSH tester tool inside RH to try out calling the topics with the mapids.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the help file (chm) is getting launched when they call a topic from the application. But on evry click the main file is getting launched, the conrol is not getting shifted to the desired topic.

This means that the CHM is fine and is getting launched but the context ids are not working. But i am not getting the reason. They have inplemented the codes assigned to each topic in their code.

Does the CHM file keeps the record of context id in itself only? or Is there any special setting to be done in RoboHelp before generating the CHM after assigning the context ids to the topics?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do your developers call the CHM?

Is the context sensitive help correctly converted from Doc-to-Help to RH?

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Developers have assigned the context ids to the relevant topics in the code itself and have given the path of CHM which is to be launched. I am providing them the CHM that i have generated using RoboHelp HTML. Still evrytime the CHm is getting launched but the context ids are not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does the CHM tester work correct?

Since you converted from another hat, are the id's correctly linked to

topics? (Check Project Set-up > Context-Sensitive Help > Map Files >

)

Kind regards,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp