• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Hard Drive Mess!

Engaged ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so for the past 20 years I have been storing all my code and graphic files in three places:

1. My Working Files & Folders on a local drive - mostly current projects.
  2. An Archive of all my code files, imports and projects on a Windows Server in huge drives.
  3. A copy of the archive on multiple external USB Drives (for off site keeping)

The problem is that of the past two decades I have changed the way I manage file folders and store  projects, these backups have all been (for the most part) manual and as we all know that it doesn't take long for you to forget a project or two and then you have a huge fricken mess on your hands.

I need to get things consolidated so that I can get my RAID installed and then get my backup off the USB drives and into the cloud.

So what I am trying to do is start with my two archives - but there are tens of thousands of files to deal with and manually going through each could takes months if not longer. While for the most part file names are going to be the same, some will be newer than others and defiantly in different file folder systems.

What is the best software out there to consolidate these into one system keeping the newest file and deleting the duplicates?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?