• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't download on iMac

Explorer ,
Jan 23, 2014 Jan 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update my Flash Player but I just go round and round the two Adobe download sites in a circle. Nothing happens when I click the download button.

iMac (2011), Mavericks OS 10 9.1

Existing Flash player version 11.9.900.170

New version offered by the Adobe site: 12.0.0.38

Safari Version 7.0.1

In Mavericks > System Prefs > Flash Player > Advanced I have checked "Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)"

In Mavericks > System Prefs > Security & Privacy > Firewall, the Firewall is turned OFF.

In Safari > Security > I have checked "Enable Java Script" and

I have checked "Allow Plugins. In "Manage Website Settings", under "Allow subsites to use this plug-in with the settings below", and "Currently Open websites", get.adobe.com is "Always Allow".

The Problem:

I have visited:

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html

which confirms my present version of Flash Player. I press on:

"Download Adobe Flash Player page by clicking here."

That takes me to:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

but when I press the big rectangular orange button "Install now" I am sent to:

http://www.adobe.com/uk/

which is promotion for the Cloud. At the bottom is "Downloads" and a button "Adobe Flash Player". Pressing that button takes me back to:

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

So I am going round in circles with no error message to tell me what is wrong.

I got the same result when running Mountain Lion (OS 8), now also in Mavericks

I need to use another application that requires the current version of Flash Player. What a nightmare!

Any ideas please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

You may download Adobe Flash Player 12 offline installer from here : Flash Player

Thanks,

Vikram

Adobe Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, and to Mike M. It now works. However, to my knowledge over several months, the web page for downloading Flash Player goes round in circles, coming back to the first site, with no opportunity to actually download. This is a great timewaster, so could Adobe please fix it? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't you just fix the problem? Adobe is increasingly behind the curve with Customer service and is beginning to be as villified and hated at Microsoft was/is!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT's actually a problem with Safari 7.

How do I know?

I maintain a 10.6.8 machine (Safari 5), 10.7.5 machine (Safari 6), a 10.8.5 machine (Safari 6) and my main 10.9.1 machine (Safari 7).

The ONLY one that does this is the 10.9.1

Granted, I'm not in the UK, but I've seen the "circle" in the US with Safari 7. Also with IE10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With my experience of Apple solving bugs (the 2 1/2 year old mouse bug and the bug about Mavericks not allowing Firewire external drives to sleep), I'm not holding my breath.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, they have been pretty bad about a few things. Still, I prefer my Mac to any of my five Windoze machines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking the following link.

Flash Player (Mac OS X)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines