• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I move signature stamp to a different computer?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 7, using Acrobat Pro 11, where do I find the stamps? I want to copy a stamp (with its GIF file and digital ID derived from a certificate) to a different computer. Various Google searches give several file directories where stamps are kept, but deleting one of the files does not cause any stamps to disappear, so either Acrobat keeps stamps in several places or I have not yet found the right place.

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2013 Apr 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two locations that stamp files can exist on a system. You can determine each by executing the following lines of JavaScript in the interactive JavaScript console in Acrobat:

app.getPath("user", "stamps");

app.getPath("app", "stamps");

Execute each line individually. On my WinXP/Acrobat 9 installation it gives:

/C/Documents and Settings/George Johnson/Application Data/Adobe/Acrobat/9.0/Stamps

/C/Program Files/Adobe/Acrobat 9.0/Acrobat/plug_ins/Annotations/Stamps

If you remove the stamp file (PDF) that contains the stamp in question, it won't be available, but you may need to restart Acrobat to notice the change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2013 Apr 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

George's reply did help me find folders named "stamps", and there were some pdf files in those folders with cybercrud file names. So I moved all the pdf files into a folder named "hold" expecting that Acrobat would no longer be able to find the stamps I had created. I then shut down Acrobat and restarted it. Acrobat still found the stamps. I then powered my laptop off and restarted it. Still no luck: Acrobat could still find my stamps. So Acrobat seems to be keeping them in some place other than folders named "stamps". Until I can find where Acrobat is keeping them, I can't copy them to another computer, and that's my goal.

A closely related question is how does Acrobat tell Reader where the stamps are? Or do the two of them simply access the same place? (And where is that place?) Once a stamp is created in Acrobat, Reader knows about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2013 Apr 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The ones with the odd file names are likely the custom ones you added. When I remove my custom stamps from the first directory shown above, they are no longer available in Acrobat. When you open the PDF files that are in the Stamps folder, do any of them include the stamps you're looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question very similar to this one.  I am running Acrobat 10 on a Macbook running OS 10.7.  I have custom signature stamps that I want to share with someone running Acrobat IX in WIndows.  I can't find where the custom stamps are stored on the Mac.  I ran the first script described here and it tells me the location of the files is

/Macintosh HD/Users/djcushing/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Acrobat/10.0/Stamps/. 

I ran the secon script and it gave me

/Macintosh HD/Applications/Adobe Acrobat X Pro/Adobe Acrobat Pro.app/Contents/Built-in/Comments.acroplugin/Stamps/

As far as I am able to determine, neither of those locations exists on my Mac.  I set my Finder to display hidden files, and still nothing.

Any ideas on where to look?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2014 Jan 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry.  After trying all day I tried again and it turns out that the first location DOES exist, and I found the file.  So your advice is still paying dividends a long time later.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I'm very late to the party on this one as I only just ran into this problem; but if Adobe is listening...PUT CUSTOM STAMP IMPORT/EXPORT COMMANDS IN ACROBAT 12!

Using a Java script debugging console to find these things is so archaic that only a diehard UNIX geek from the 80's would enjoy doing this.

Thanks for letting me rant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2013 May 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Follow these steps to add stamps

1 - First Go to Tools

2 - Add current stamps to favorite

3 - Add stamp

4 - Then select Show Stamp Palllete from Tools

Visit this link for more info and step by step solution - http://www.techyv.com/questions/how-i-can-use-stamps-feature-adobe-acrobat-x

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2013 May 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reply #4 doesn't say anything about how to move a stamp from one computer to another, and that was the basic question at the beginning of this discussion. Or else the reply is too terse and I simply don't understand it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines