• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get search to function

New Here ,
May 06, 2007 May 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created an online help using RoboHelp 6 HTML, generated and published a flash help. Both the content and index work fine. However, no matter what word or phrase I entered the search box, I always got "no topic is found".

By the way, I wanted to generate a PDF document. I clicked Printed Documentation in single source layouts, I got an error message: The parameter is incorrect. What's going on here?

Help please.

Thanks a lot!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about the search but I think we need to focus on the other problem first, maybe the cause is common.

A small number of people have reported this but enough to know it is likely a bug. So far the only two solutions have been found:

1] In one instance the problem arose when trying to delete a file. By putting the project on another PC with RH6 installed, it was possible to delete the file. After that, with the project back on the first PC, it worked OK again. If you do try this and have to install RH6 on a second PC to do it, don't activate the installation as that will give you different problems if you want to install RH6 later on say a home PC.

2] Create a new project and import all the topics into that.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
There is one other thing you could try first on the print side. Delete the existing layout and create a new one. Again it might be that fixing one problem, fixes the other one, we just don't know yet.

Do please post back how you get on.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp