• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player doesn't run in user accounts

New Here ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated to Flash Player 12 and it runs when I am in the "Owner" account on my computer. However, it does not run when I am in a user account and it will not update directly from a user account (get "Do not have sufficient privileges" message). Is there something simple I should know to get it to run in all accounts? Using Windows Vista/IE9.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To update it on (non-admin) user accounts, , if you're unable to "Run as Administrator" via right click, while in the non-admin account, and then enter the proper credentials for the admin account... you need to (temporarily) change the account to an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I know this is probably pretty dumb, but could you tell me where the Flash Player "is" in order to do the Run as Administrator? When I am in a user account, it does not come up when I look at All Programs through the Start button. However, it is listed if I go through Control Panel/Programs and Features, although the Size column is blank. Does that mean it was not installed? I have the same situation (ie, it is not listed in All Programs) in the "Owner" account although the Flash Player does run fine there.

I appreciate your time & help.

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines