Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

12.0.0.38 flash update at App Store?

Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Flash Player available at Apple App Store?  Search onsite returns no hits.   Is FP available, or will it be available soon at App Store?

Is a security setting on my computer possibly preventing flash downloads from opening (see screenshots below) unless they are downloaded from App Store?  If so, how to change security settings to allow new version to open?  Computer is a new Macbook Air 11-inch, 10.9.1, flash player installed is 11.0.900.170. 

Adobe online notification today said update Flash to 12.0.0.38

Firefox 26.0 -  download will not open:

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 7.17.08 PM.png

Safari Version 7.0.1 (9537.73.11)  - download will not open:

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 7.21.31 PM.png

Thanks to anyone who can suggest a way forward with this issue.

Mick43

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's an odd message. Never seen it before.

Usually its:

3.jpg

Flash Player ISN'T (and never will be) in the App Store. There's a growing rift between Apple and Adobe over Flash Player. Apple's pretty good about paid products from here, but they're waging a corporate war against freeware like Flash and Reader.

Use the "offline installer"  Flash Player 12 (Mac OS X)

Double click it and when it opens, right click the installer and select "Open".

2.jpg

This will allow you to tell"GateKeeper" to run the installer. It'll ask if you're sure you want to open it. Click Open (as shown above) to run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Mike, Flash is installed now. I got the same message, “can’t open ‘cause it wasn’t downloaded from App Store”, when I tried to update Graphic Converter, and Java, too. But after you told me not to wait for App Store to offer Flash, I looked deeper and learned that a default setting in General Security Preferences allows only App Store software to be opened. So, I've changed it now to allow software from other developers to be opened on a case by case basis.

Thanks,

Mick43

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mick43 wrote:

Thanks, Mike, Flash is installed now.  I got the same message, “can’t open ‘cause it wasn’t downloaded from App Store”, when I tried to update Graphic Converter, and Java, too.  But after you told me not to wait for App Store to offer Flash, I looked deeper and learned that a default setting in General Security Preferences allows only App Store software to be opened.  So, I've changed it now to allow software from other developers to be opened on a case by case basis.

Thanks,

Mick43

Gatekeeper can be a real "beyotch".

I sometimes miss the old days before OS X had it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines