Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player won't load on certain websites

Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I've downloaded the newest Flash Player and for some reason it won't load on certain websites. I have tried it on FIrefox, IE, and Chrome, and none work. All I get is a black screen. I've tried reinstalling browsers and flash, and even turning off my firewall etc. etc. Please help.

I'm using Windows 7 with everything updated as well.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, hbogo.com won't even load. This started happening earlier this month. I have tried ealier versions as well, but to no success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you updated your video drivers from the manufacturer? (NOT through Windows)

1. follow the instructions on the manufacturer's support site

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My NVIDIA card is up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere about a black-listing/white-listing problem? I've been trying to figure this out and it has been driving me insane haha. It only started the past month though. Could it be another program that is interfering?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what another website looks like

Flash.png

And this is what HBO.com looks like

Flash.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Insano wrote:

My NVIDIA card is up to date.

Up to date DOESN'T mean uncorrupted.  I still recommend downloading and updating to be 100% sure that the drivers aren't "out of whack".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I did uninstall and update them again, but I am still having the same problems unfortunately

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update! I reinstalled/uninstalled Flash, and HBO.com still doesn't work. But for some reason, now my Mozilla does not recognize Flash, only internet explorer. Could this be part of the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the screen I get in Firefox

this.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, there are two different plugins:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

BOTH should be showing in your Flash Player Global Settings Manager's Advanced tab. (Start>Control Panel>System and Security>Flash Player (32bit)>Advanced)

1.jpg

If not, download the (other browsers) plug-in and install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the download, but unfortunately the websites still will not load properly. I just get a blank screen from HBO.com and on other websites the formatting is off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is most likely hbo.com

Here's how it looks on my Mac.

1.jpg

That says their site isn't working properly, because I'm watching a YouTube video in another window with no problems, so I KNOW Flash Player is working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines