• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cant authorise Digital Editions

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am using Windows 7 Home Premium ver 6.1 and I can’t Authorise Digital Editions 2.01. Keep getting Error: “could not connect to the activation server”. I am connected to the internet. I already have an Adobe Account which I can access OK. Shockwave is already installed. Tried previous version Digital Editions (1.7?), but that did not work either. Have clean de-installed – pulling out all the “junk items” using Revo uninstaller. Then re-installed Shockwave then re-installed Digital Editions 2.01 as Administrator. Using Ctrl+Shift+D does not bring up a De-Authorise Dialog Box. Registry won’t allow me to delete the key in Adept. Can’t see anything in Task Manager that might be using the Key. I don't really know where to go from here. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should in Library view to bring up the De-authorization dialog by pressing Ctrl+Shift+D

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your interest. As far as I can tell, Digital Editions remains in Library View the whole time? But Ctrl+Shift+D does nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if my firewall is blocking my connection to th eserver, but it hasn't given me any prompts and I wouldn't know what URL to add in as an exception. I have already added adobe.com & adobe.com.au

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If ADE is not authorized already, then on pressing Ctrl+Shift+D, does nothing.

Can you please navigate to the Help menu and check whether Authorize Computer.... Ctrl+Shift+U is enabled? More information on shortcut keys are available at Getting Started with Adobe Digital Editions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the help menu, Authorize Computer.... Ctrl+Shift+U is enabled. But that is my problem - I try to Authorise from this dialog box but I keep getting Error: “could not connect to the activation server”

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really appreciate your help, but I think you need to stop and read my original post. On the URL you offered, point 2 says "Press Control+Shift+D to deauthorize Adobe Digital Editions". This is what I am unable to do. This is why I have posted in the first place. I have tried this page already plus the other stuff I mentioned. I can't Authorise and I can't De-Authorise. I have also already created my ID Link seperately, but it doesn't make any difference because, as the error says, I “could not connect to the activation server".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for posting a wrong URL. Firewall, anti-virus, and proxy software can intercept the activation request from Adobe Digital Editions to the activation server. You try the below steps to confirm whether you are able to connect the activation server.

• Choose Start > Control Panel > Windows Firewall.
  • Do one of the following:
    • Windows Vista, Windows 7: In the sidebar, select the option for Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall. Click Allow Another Program.
    • Windows XP: Select the Exceptions tab. Click Add Program.
  • From the Add A Program menu, select Adobe Digital Editions.
  • Approve the prompts that appear to complete the process.
  • To test the firewall settings, go to http://adeactivate.adobe.com/. If you see a page that says "Welcome to Digital Editions," your machine can now connect to the activation server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Man, I appreciate you sticking with it. I have Vipre firewall activated, so I allowed Digital Editions there first, then tried to Authorise Digital Editions but this did not work. I got the same Adobe Server Connection Error. So I thought, what the hell, I also followed your instructions for Windows 7. To my delight - I DID get the page that said: "Welcome to Digital Editions". But, unfortunately, I still get exactly the same error: “could not connect to the activation server”. This is weird. I tried closing & re-opening Digital Editions, but this did not work either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2014 Feb 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I solved it by installing Adobe flash. I know it sounds ridiculous. I was desperate. I worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines