• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Included crapware

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I stop the repeated Adobe update announcements (every few days it seems) which require significant attention to avoid getting the crapware I don't want installed on my PC as well as the Flash or similar updates which I may need if they are real?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of such an "announcement"?  I have never gotten any such thing on any of my computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See lower right.  I am beginning to think that this comes from someone other than adobe, but you will note that it proposes to update adobe flash player plugin.  It seems to go back and forth between claiming that it will install versions 12.0.0.43, 4.0.0.1390, or 12.0.0.38.  But the only thing it really wants to install, so far as I can tell, is three separate crapware programs from someone other than adobe.

Robert McDiarmid

[Personal information removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For Windows there are three (3) different "latest" versions.

ActiveX (for IE) - 12.0.0.38

ie.jpg

Standard (for other browsers) - 12.0.0.43

ff.jpg

PepperFlash (for Chrome) - 12.0.0.41

ch.jpg

PepperFlash can't be downloaded or installed from here, but there are FULL installers with nothing bundled.

Flash Player 12.0.0.38 for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player 12.0.0.43 Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines