• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I put a Print link in webhelp topics?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2014 Jan 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a RH 10 Webhelp project, and need to add a print link or print button to each topic. Is there a way to do that?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See Snippets on my site..

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peter,

Two problems:

1) I tried the steps on your site but I couldn't get it to work. Not sure where I went wrong. The print button only partially displays in  the navigation pane, and it doesn't do anything.

Also, there is a second issue: My webhelp system is CSH, so when a user clicks the help link in the web app, they get just the single CSH topic,  with no nav pane. There is a small Show link in the topic that opens up the nav pane but some users won't know what that is and might notice it. I was hoping for a print link or button that would show up on the single topic,  in the area of the breadcrumbs. Might there be some javascript that I could add to each topic?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

You could add a link to the header area of a Master Page (or to a Snippet) that has a Javascript print command in it.

A typical code would look like this:

window.print();

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp