Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do I have to install adobe everytime I want to use it

Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed Adobe Flah about 50 times over the last week, why do I have to install it everytime I want to use it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Phillies2014 wrote:

I have installed Adobe Flah about 50 times over the last week, why do I have to install it everytime I want to use it

You don't have to.

But we need to know:

What OS?

What browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7

Internet Explorer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Flash Player Uninstaller , the Shockwave Player Uninstaller and the Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) by right clicking and choosing "Save target as".

Save the files to your downloads folder and reboot your system.

Before opening anything else, run the Uninstallers (BOTH of them) from your Downloads folder.

Go to: C/Windows/System32/ and delete the Macromed folder.

1.jpg

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64/ and delete the Macromed folder there as well. (IF you're system is 64 bit - otherwise, skip this step)

2.jpg

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run  or  press the Windows key + R  - then type "regedit" [minus the quotes] and click OK)

3.jpg4.jpg

In the Registry Editor, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder.

5.jpg

Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there as well.

6.jpg

Close the Registry Editor and empty the Recycle Bin.

Run the ActiveX Flash Player installer.

Visit: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ and download the FULL Shockwave installer for IE. Run it, and you should be reinstalled fully.

Lastly, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We did all the steps, unfortunately I still have to install and download adobe everytime I turn the computer on.  I noticed when I googled the issue, there were alot of people with the same issue.  I guess I will just keep downloading until I can resolve it.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've got something. (anti-virus, a "system cleaner", or possibly a virus) that's deleting it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines