• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

connect two different email addresses to ADE

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2014 Jan 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because i did not have access to my first email address i made a second account. this gives me the problem that i cannot read the books made available through ADE using my first account. i read in your help that it is possible for you to connect both these email addresses. i hope you will help to do this so that i can read my first ± 100 books, which is now not possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't think they can merge the accounts, especially if you can't even access the old account.

You need to set yourself up just to use the old account.

Sorry this is all a bit confusing below; it is confusing and I don't know how to explain it any clearer.

If you still remember the password for the old account you can still log in at the Adobe website using the old email;

even though it may not still be a valid email it is still a valid userid to access your Adobe account.

If you don't have access to your old email and don't remember the password, try Adobe Live Chat (~~~1 below)  to see if they can recover your access to the old account for you.

Having accessed the account you can change the email associated with the account to your new email, (but see ~~~2 below)

and then deregister ADE from the new account (ctrl-shift-D, cmd-shift-D on Mac), and register ADE with the old account (using its new name).

You will then be able to read your old books;  but not any books you have on the new account, I hope you don't have any yet.

If you do have bought books you want to keep on the new account already, see ~~~3 below.

~~~ 1

Adobe Live Chat: http://www.adobe.com/support/chat/ivrchat.html,

or as a slight short cut try http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?product=digital-editions&topic=using-my-product-or-service

Choose topic ‘'Signing into my Account' , and then click on 'I still need help';

then you should see 'Chat with an Agent' at the bottom of the page.

Depending on screen resolution, you may need to scroll down a bit to see the Chat with an Agent' bit, just under 'Ask our Experts'.

'Ask our experts' will indeed just lead you back to this forum.

Sometimes you will get ‘Sorry! All agents are busy— please check back soon.’

Don’t refresh the page, just hang on and it should eventually go to ‘Chat Now, and agent is available’.

~~~2

You can change the email used to identify a particular Adobe account, as I said above.

However, you can't have two accounts identified by the same email (it wouldn't know which one you were trying to identify).

If you have already created a new account using your new email, you can't immediately associate the old account with that email.

Many email providers allow variant email addresses. 

For example if you are 'fred@gmail.com', then 'fred+adobe@gmail.com' will also arrive at your 'fred.gmail.com' account.

So then you can change the email address on you old Adobe account to 'fred+adobe@gmail.com'.

Google will treat the two email addresses the same, but Adobe will see them as different.

You will now have old (useful) Adobe account  'fred+adobe@gmail.com',

and new (useless) Adobe account 'fred@gmail.com' which you can forget about.

Slightly more complicated to start with, but may save confusion later,

log in to your new Adobe account (using 'fred@gmail.com') and change it to use the email  'fred+deadnow@gmail.com'.

log in to you old Adobe account (using 'old@email.com') and change it to use the email 'fred@gmail.com'.

~~~3

The only way I know round this is to use a DRM stripper such as epubee BEFORE you deauthorize the device.

I do NOT advocate using such code to get around the valid limitations placed on a DRM book.

However, where the problem arises only because of the ineptness of Adobe's ADEPT DRM infrastructure and its implementation,

such a measure is totally justifiable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear sjpt,

I tried to log in with my first ADE account as I still have my password. I get the following responce:

Required Password Reset

To protect the security of your account, you must reset your password. Please check your inbox for an email we just sent you with instructions for how to reset your password and log into your account.

So Adobe sends me an email to the not accessable email account and I cannot reset my password, thus a very small circle, and i am still not able to open my first ebooks with ADE on the computer. my first books were added to ADE January 2013. if I want to open them then I get the error #2038. With a different book I get the message: the licence of this document is for another user account, in my case my first account with ADE to which I cannot reset my password.

I am at lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd forgotten about the Required Password Reset bit;  Adobe forced this after their security breech a couple of months ago.

Live Chat (at my ~~~ 1 above) should be able to help with gaining access to the old account.  Good luck.

Don't mention (ADE) Digital Editions when asking about accounts.

The Adobe account/ID applies to all products and Adobe services.

If you mention ADE, they may just say, 'oh, that's a free product and we don't support it'

Some of the agents are more helpful and knowledgable than others; if you don't have any luck the first time it may be worth trying again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have contacted an Adobe chatroom and they promised to send me an email within a couple of days to my new email address/account so that I will have access to all products under the first email address. I thought that your answer was their reply.

I guess I will still have to wait a couple of days.

thank you so far. I will notify if they have been able to help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that I was wrong: it is possible to merge accounts (as long as you have id and password for both)

from: http://www.datalogics.com/pdf/doc/acs/JointAccountGuide.pdf

How do I find out which accounts are joined together?

You can go to this page:  https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp to see

which accounts are joined together.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 1.7.2.1131. What you sent me, tells that version 1.7 does not support multiple activations. Does that mean I can only use ADE Preview, which does support multiple activations or can I download the latest version from the Adobe site, which is now the 3.0 version?

I do not want to make any changes until I am really sure that it will work, otherwise I will lose far too many books. In the meantime, my reader is also telling me that I cannot add new books, otherwise the older ones will not be included anymore.

Van: sjpt

Verzonden: dinsdag 28 januari 2014 10:31

Aan: SherryvdB

Onderwerp: connect two different email addresses to ADE

Re: connect two different email addresses to ADE

created by sjpt <http://forums.adobe.com/people/sjpt> in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6059774#6059774

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That link was quite old, even though I had only just seen it.

When the link was made there was only v1.7.2, and a v1.8 preview.

1.8 preview became v2.0, and v3.0 recently released (I haven't found any differences between 2.0 and 3.0 yet).

Nevertheless, despite being somewhat out of date that reference is the best explanation I have seen.

However, I just checked it out on V3.0 and the multiple activations talked about did not work for me. (first time, but see update ...)

At step 3 (page 11) it did not ask for an additional authorization, but instead  came up with message e_lic_already_fulfilled_by_another_user

I haven't tried to join accounts (as I don't want to join accounts) but the webpage referenced

(https://adeactivate.adobe.com/adept/en/JoinAccountLoginForm.jsp) does seem to look like they say so should work.

Whatever, you will still need to wait until Adobe have given you access to your old account again.

If you haven't yet got books on the new account just use the old one once you have access to it again.

If you have books on both accounts I guess you will have to change merge them and change to a newer version of ADE.

I hope you don't hit one of the bugs in the new versions; I still have to use 1.7.2 because of bugs in 2.0/3.0.

~~~~

Update ...

Most odd.

I just tried to open another book from my main ADE (authorized to account1) where the book was authorized with account2.

(Same accounts involved when step 3 failed above)

This time it did open the authorization screen and accepted the authorization; even though it couldn't open the book; correct 'loan out of date' message.

Ater that, it was able to open the other book that had failed at step 3 above.

ADE now correctly shows the two authorizations; it had changed the default to account2 which I didn't want, but it was easy to change default back to account1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, all this means that I am stuck until Adobe has merged both accounts, because an update/upgrade to a newer version will only give me more problems as I have books on my old and new account. I cannot open the old ones on the computer and if I want to add new ones to my reader, it says the old one will not be available anymore.

Van: sjpt

Verzonden: dinsdag 28 januari 2014 18:00

Aan: SherryvdB

Onderwerp: connect two different email addresses to ADE

Re: connect two different email addresses to ADE

created by sjpt <http://forums.adobe.com/people/sjpt> in Adobe Digital Editions - View the full discussion <http://forums.adobe.com/message/6060995#6060995

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 03, 2014 Mar 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was directed to this thread having posted a very similar query. The advice was very helpful, although I made the decision to link my old authorised accound to a new unused and unlinked email address to keep it simple. I can now access all my books, thank you.

It did take the Adobe tech guys over a week to sort it out though so be patient, even with me chasing after six days (as I was told two to three days atr the outset.)

The download that started all my problems in the first place was from Googleplay books, The Pagan Lord by Bernard Cornwell. I have never had any issues downloading a book before, I have bought a number from this source without problem - and just to test it I downloaded a couple of free ones after the issue had arisen.

I can't help suspecting that the issue is with them (or with that particular ACSM) - but they were too quick to point the finger at Digital Editions/Sony. I have pushed this back at them - they gave up trying and just gave me a refund.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines