• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADE and Kobo Touch not allowing me to view my Public Library downloads.

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a DRM issue with both ADE 2.x and 3,x and my Kobo Touch.

My Kobo is Activated on the same account as my laptop, but when I check a book out on my Public Library I cant view it on my Kobo Touch.  I can read it in a Browser mode and the download mode on my laptop.  When I copy it to my Kobo with the drop down selection in ADE it can't be viewed on the Kobo.  The Cover Page Graphic is hidden under a black box (obvious DRM coverup).  When I click the book (black box), I can quickly see the cover jacket and then the black box comes back with a nag "Ooops! This document couldn't be opened".

I've tried 'de-activating' the Kobo and re activating again.  I've tried various versions of ADE, (someone on another forum said version 1.7.2 is the answer, but I can no longer find a link the that version).

Do I need to do a 'clean' reinstall of ADE by using something like CC Cleaner to totally remove the Reg settings of the present ADE?

Do I need to re-activate my account with a new key from Adobe?  If so how do I do that, nothing in my account allows me to re-generate the DRM keys.

Please help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm replying to my own thread because I don't think I'm going to get any useful answer here.  I searched the net and basically what I found is best summed up by this guy's comments:

"Adobe either has no clue about the eBook market, or they’re trying to sabotage it with a platform so shitty, so mind-bogglingly difficult for even tech-savvy consumers, that no one will ever want to read an eBook ever again.That’s right, sometimes you have a product so bad, that it doesn’t just leave a bad taste in your mouth, it actually does harm to the industry. And that’s what we have with Adobe."

ADE is a pile of steaming XXXX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines