• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Player Quit Working

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows Pro 7 (64-bit) and MSIE 9.

For some unknown reason, my flash player quit working. No big deal, as I went to Adobe's download page and first obtained their uninstall executable. I used it to completely rid my machine of it's original Adobe Flash Player.

Next, I went to download the latest version (and have done so probably 7 or 8 times now). I have tried two methods.

One, installing it onsite (the app reaches 7% and completely stops).

Secondly, I download the installer to my machine and double-click it. Same thing, the installer stops at 7% and it's done.

I have researched this problem since yesterday, trying to solve it, to no avail. I have turned off my anti-virus, my anti-malware, I've turned off just about everything except my computer but nother works. I have switched between ActiveX filtering and back again, yet the same results.

I cannot get past the 7% download of Flash Player from the site.

Can you recommend a third party exe that may work without having to download from Adobe's exe?

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Disabling ActiveX filtering allows things to play, not vice-versa.  Check that Flash is fully enabled in IE: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player offline installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, thanks for the reply.

I was able to download the exe and it installed (it's showing as enabled now, in my plugin management). However, I still can't watch flash videos (I rely on tutorials at YouTube), even though it does show the bottom 'time bar' now, something it wasn't doing before.

It just refuses to play in MSIE.

Even this page is showing I have the latest vesion installed now. Evidently, I have other unknown issues which are affecting Flash only.

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, again, thanks for the assist.

Now, as a result, on the below page....

http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

I can now see the Flash 'test graphic' on that page (I couldn't before).

However, regardless of which site I go to that host FLV's or flash videos, including YouTube, they won't play. What does tkae place, is the timer on the bottom of the video appears, as does the 'loading spiral' but the video never materializes.

Do you know if this has something to do with ActiveX now being turned off or is there something I may be missing here?

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling ActiveX filtering allows things to play, not vice-versa.  Check that Flash is fully enabled in IE: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/885448

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, thank you! FLASH is now working in MSIE, meaning I can see and hear FLV's now.

It's still not working in Firefox yet but I'll research that on Google.

Your guidance is much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, Mike, I realized (finally - duh me) that you had included both direct downloads, one for MSIE and the other being all other browsers. I downloaded it and it installed perfectly. So, both MSIE and Firefox are now running Flash on my PC.

Thank you!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines