• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mark of the Web and X5

Explorer ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully a quick and easy one. What's the best way to add the MOTW to an X5 WebHelp project?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007
I'll be honest, I have no idea what MOTW is or how it works.... but if this is about the information popup when running webhelp on local desktop, you can set up internet explorer to be fine with local javascripts.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security -> "Allow active content to be run on My Computer"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul

Unfortunately this one is not easy. Nor is it possible to achieve easily. I've tried many times with mostly no success. The fact you are concerned with MOTW seems to imply that you are planning on delivering WebHelp output that will be run from local desktops? If so, what made you choose WebHelp over compiled .CHM? I'm not criticizing, just curious.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick

Actually the help will eventually be deployed on a web server, it's just that I'm getting sick of enabling blocked content every time I demo the help to the rest of the team. Might there be another, more obvious (except to me!) way of suppressing this annoyance during development?

I'm surprised this is hard - presumably there's more to it than merely looking where RH6 puts the MOTW and hacking the X5 source/output accordingly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I'll be honest, I have no idea what MOTW is or how it works.... but if this is about the information popup when running webhelp on local desktop, you can set up internet explorer to be fine with local javascripts.

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Security -> "Allow active content to be run on My Computer"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp