• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sharing

New Here ,
May 08, 2007 May 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I am doing something wrong.. I am creating a project with RoboHelp and need to allow the manager to see the progress of the project.
I attempted to generate the WebHelp, then went into the WebHelp sub folder, located the main .html file... And emailed that file over to them.
I know when I open it on my system it works although theirs it does not. I know it works on mine because it is locate and can locate the files related to the project, although how can I share the project with out publishing it yet with those in other locations and who do not have RoboHelp.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cliff310 and welcome to the RH community. If your manager does not have a RH licence then it is going to be difficult. The problem is that with webhelp the source project files are totally different from the published files. The published files include lots ot generated files for additional data (e.g. index, TOC, search terms, etc.). They are a collection of files all of which are required for the end user to get the help. Why not just publish and then zip the files before sending them to your manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cliff310 and welcome to our community

Tough call with WebHelp. After all, the others need access to ALL the files in the output folder.

One thing you could do is to create Microsoft HTML Help output. This will result in a compiled .CHM file. You could then ship the .CHM as an attachment or stick it on a network drive for them to copy to their hard drive and review.

Or, you could just publish WebHelp to a network drive and give them a link pointing to the start page. In my opinion, that would be the best approach and is how I would do it if I were in your shoes.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry Colum, didn't see you standing there!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem Rick. You gave the added value of an alternative solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hello cliff310 -

I provide our Help project to our customer and any company person who wishes on a regular basis. After a couple days of work I generate the entire project on my local drive the zip up the entire generated folder (the one that would get published), then in put the zipped file on our corporate document server for anyone to copy. I also include a readme file on the server with the simple instructions on how to use the Help.

For example, the generated output goes to the project folder, !SSL! sub-folder, help sub-folder (the name of the generated project) with a launch file named index. Anyone can download the zip, unzipp to the desktop and launch index.htm - there it is!

Regards,
GEWB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp