• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't get Flash Player to work at all I need help PLEASE!!!

Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been trying for close to 1 week now to figure out how to get this flash player to work on both IE & Firefox and it's driving me crazy. I'm running a Windows 7 Home Premium Edition 64-bit not sure what other info you need but I'm here if you need more. I just want to get this fixed so hubby can play his games and I can play mine.

Thanks so much

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Games require not only the latest Flash Player, but the least Shockwave as well. I recommend a complete “clean install” for both.

Download the following by right clicking and  selecting either "Save target as"(IE) or "Save Link As"(Firefox):

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Shockwave Player 12 FULL Installer (Other browsers)

Save the files - DO NOT RUN ANYTHING YET.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything, run the UNINSTALLERS to remove Shockwave and Flash Player,

Once they’ve finished, go to: C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key + R and tope “regedit” [minus the quotes] and click OK)

In the Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder.

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder there.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your Recycle Bin.

Run the Flash Player installers, and the Shockwave FULL installer for Firefox.

Lastly, using IE, visit: http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/otherversions/ to download and install the Shockwave FULL installer for ActiveX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines