Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

hey scumbags, don't opt-in to mcafee by default

New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously, this is not acceptable.

Flash popped a helpful "You need to update" dialog - I hit update, it auto-downloads, and AUTOMATICALLY TRIES TO INSTALL MCAFEE GARBAGE.

I cancel it mid-install, delete the file immediately, and try going to download it manually, in search of the opt-out that used to exist.

Hit up http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/ and yet again, it AUTODOWNLOADS WITH THE OPTION FLAGGED TO INSTALL IT AGAIN.

I had to cancel the page again and FINALLY made it to a page with an opt-out. What on earth were you thinking?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user forum; you are not addressing Adobe here.

Calling your fellow users "scumbags" because you are obviously incapable of installing a simple update, that is not acceptable!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should learn to read, this clearly wasn't addressed to users.

Furthermore, if you bothered reading, you'd also see that I did successfully install it after jumping through half a dozen hoops that shouldn't be there.

So get bent, and try reading next time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People like you are my entertainment while I work on real computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The direct downloads (without any bundled crapware) are published in this forum at least a dozen times every day.  Why go jumping through hoops when it's so simple...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because everyone's going to come to this forum when they get an update popup, right?

Christ you are thick.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And.... here you are....

Jeezus, what a freaking mo-ron.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines