• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FLASH PLAYER UPDATE FOR LOGITECH "REVUE"

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2013 Sep 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I AM SUPPOSED TO RECEIVE "AUTOMATIC" FLASH PLAYER UPDATE'S FOR MY "LOGITECH REVUE" BUT IT WILL NOT DO SO AS IT TELL'S ME IT NOW NEED'S TO DO, THE FLASH PLAYER WILL NOT UPDATE OR WORK PROPERLY ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2013 Sep 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, Adobe is the company name. The product we are discussing is called "Flash Player".

Second, Mike M is not even in the ballpark (he probably has no idea what a Revue is.) The links he tried to assist you with are for Windows PC's, not GoogleTV.

Third, look at the left side of your keyboard. There should be a key named "Caps Lock". Please try it. MESSAGES IN CAPS INDICATE YOU ARE SHOUTING. Many people feel this is impolite.

--------

The message about updating Adobe comes from the web site, not from your Revue and not from Adobe.

Whoever programmed the site downloaded one of the many "version detection" scripts available. This is very common. It allows the site to ensure their users have a compatible version of Flash Player.

In your case the script noticed you have version 9 and they require version 10 or 11, etc.

The Revue has too small a market share to justify a programmer to spend the time adding code to detect the Revue.

Even if someone did, the result would likely be "Sorry you cannot use our web site on the Revue". (If they have a link that says something like "HTML version of our site", clicking it might work.)

The Revue was made by Logitech. It is a pretty cool machine for $99. Unfortunately Logitech decided their actual revenues would fall short of expectations (big money loser) and the dropped the product. Since they no longer make money from it, each dollar they spend is additional loss.

Now the Revue is at the mercy of Google and/or Logitech. It has not been updated for over 9 months and may never be updated again (I am not aware of any announcement about updates).

If they opensourced the Revue software, it is likely the community would contribute some updates. It would be a "win-win". The only reason not to opensource is if they have some secret proprietary code that still has value, or if some of the code is restricted by a license.

Some marketing folks will argue opensourcing will delay owners from buying new products and erode earnings, which sounds compelling, but a quick analysis will show that argument holds no water.

It may be possible for some programmers to create a new version. On the other hand it could be too expensive.

Perdiocally I look around to see if there is anything new folks are doing. In fact that is how I found your post.

The number of apps for Revue is quite limited, which is again a market share problem. By searching you can find out how to try other apps (sideloading) and people also publish lists of Andriod apps that do now show up in the store but work.

Memory and processing power are limited but I use mine every day. You can add anything from a small flash drive to a big hard drive via the USB port on the back. And you can control it with your cell phone and watch your phones pics, video or listen to music.  

If I need to remote control my laptop in another room, I can. I can do some quick browsing in my family room when my laptop is not here. I watch Netflix and Amazon videos. I can even play Words with Friends, although it is easier to play on my cell.

A custom version of Adobe was written for the review based on verion 9 (I think).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank You !!

That's the most information given to me since I owned this thing,

though not fixing you explained to this rookie what is & is not !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2015 Feb 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have same problem now, did you fix you problem already?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines