Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a iMac OS X 9.0.1.

I downloaded VMWare 6

Windows 8.1

Office 2013

Presenter 9

Windows Media Player

I can open the Adobe Presenter Video Creator and access my iMac's webcam, it shows me in the webcam; however, when I record, and then stop recording it is coming out blank. I can hear my voice, but it is not showing anything I did on the screen or my image. I tried all day yesterday to fix this. I updated my drivers, I downloaded Driver support. I emailed Microsoft. I am at a loss.

I had someone sent me an Adobe Presenter Video Creator that they had already done and it is now showing the vidoe portion of that, although I can hear his voice and view the CC.

Other .mp4 videos are working fine.

Any help please????

Thanks in advance. Anita

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Hi there,

I got a solution from the Adobe Captivate technical team.

As an attempt to resolve your issue

Uncheck the option “Accelerate 3D graphics” under VM Settings by going to VM >> Settings >> Display>> 3D graphics

Once done please try capturing and hopefully this must resolve your issue

I did this and it worked, yeah. However, it is still incredibly frustrating using VMWare, when I am recording using Presenter it keeps freezing and I have to shut the entire system down. Guess I'll try the Parti

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When doing something in a VM across OS platforms there is a lot to go wrong.

I would recommend you start by looking at the Presenter Video Express application in the App Store. It is the Mac version of the Adobe Presenter Video Creator, and will eliminate the need to run Windows. See if that works better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Thanks for your feedback. I already have the Presenter Video Express on my Mac, but it won't allow me to open someone else's Adobe Presenter Video Creator project from a PC, which is one of the reasons why I need to create it in a PC environment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't suppose you have a Boot Camp partition of Windows? Maybe that could do it. Get the VM portion out of the picture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Jorma,  I don't even know what Boot Camp partition means (I guess I'll google it), but I'd love to get VM out of the picture, it's driving me crazy !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh gosh, now that I looked it up online, I think I remember trying this one time before and failed miserably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how I have Windows on my Mac. It basically is a partition on the hard drive that has Widows installed. This means I can run Windows as the primary OS, which is what may work for you, or in a VM while running the Mac OS.

The process for doing it is listed here http://www.pcworld.com/article/249059/how_to_install_boot_camp_and_run_windows_on_your_mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jorma, I'll give it a try. I really appreciate your help on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

I got a solution from the Adobe Captivate technical team.

As an attempt to resolve your issue

Uncheck the option “Accelerate 3D graphics” under VM Settings by going to VM >> Settings >> Display>> 3D graphics

Once done please try capturing and hopefully this must resolve your issue

I did this and it worked, yeah. However, it is still incredibly frustrating using VMWare, when I am recording using Presenter it keeps freezing and I have to shut the entire system down. Guess I'll try the Partition!!!

Thanks again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources