• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

32-bit Player confusion.

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 64-bit machine, yet when I search for my version of Flash Player in the Windows 8.1 Control Panel, it says I have the 32-bit version.

I have the latest version of this Flash Player, and I thought I could upgrade to the 64-bit version for IE (that was what I saw on the help page that Adobe automatically directs me to). Yet when I saved the file to my Desktop and attempted to download it, I get a message saying that I already have that version.

Does it matter whether I download the update for the 32- or 64-bit update versions? Is there a way I can uninstall Flash Player from IE, or is that not recommended?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Flash Player (32-bit)" in the Control Panel... refers to the "Global Settings Manager" which IS a 32 bit app. Per Microsoft insistence, it MUST be listed as a 32 bit app in the Control Panel.

Check C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash, and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash. You'll see plug-in files for Flash in BOTH.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines