Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash video lag

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2014 Jan 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Here is my problem, if I watch my video in a player like media player classic, I have no problem watching it but when I export my project and watch it in a browser, the sound is ok but the video is lagging. I tried updating everything, I tried to stop the accelerator, I can't seem to find the reason, because it does play well on my computer if I'M not in a browser, I tried another computer and the same thing happened... Can someone help me ?

Thanks,

Caroline

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 27, 2014 Jan 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Presenter?

What format is your video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2014 Jan 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Adobe Presenter 9.0.2 and my video are in flash.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you insert the video as an FLV video or a SWF video?

Videos converted to SWF can have audio/video sync issues. If not SWF, then we can look at other issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I inserted the video as flv...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I would try re-encoding the video if you can. Maybe something went wrong when making it an FLV.

You can also try removing it and reinserting it, be sure to use the Insert Video tool (I'm not saying you didn't but it hasn't been mentioned yet).

I would also try inserting a different FLV video, to see if it is a problem with the video or with Presenter.

Oh, and before going through the trouble of messing with the video, I would try viewing the Presenter output in a different browser, to see if that helps. A quick and easy test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the quick answer, I already tried everything mentionning above. It's really coming from Adobe Presenter... Is there a maximum quality and size or... I tried with explorer and forefox, I still have the same problem... The best I got was a small lagging at the beggining...

Thanks !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presenter doesn't list a max size/quality, but a best practice that I try to stick to is using the lowest quality video that gives me a satisfactory experience for my users. Most viewers will be watching the presentation in the browser, not at full screen. This leans toward not actually needing HD video, or 1280*720 at the most. I try to stick with 720 X 480 and ~800 kbps for my video. The larger the file, the more bandwidth will be required to push it, leading to possible buffering issues.

The other setting to look at is the Disabling of preloading Flash content. If this is enabled then you will always get a buffer on the slide with the video, as it wasn't allowed to preload in the background. Presenter > Settings > Quality

control Preloading.JPG

With this feature off, Presenter loads the first three slides during the loading screen and then begins preloading an additional slide every 3 seconds. Meaning, put your video a few slides in, so it has some time to pre-load the video. If you put the video on slide 3 it can lead to buffering if the first three slides are short.

If that doesn't help, you may need to reach out to support, or you may see them jump on this thread. They may want to look at the project and identify the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2014 Jan 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your fast answer, I will try to set this feature off !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Now, it seem to work fine except on two computer, the video lag the entire time ??? Do you know if a plugin, a codec or a software is known to cause trouble because it seem to be the case. The flash player version is the lastest one...

Thanks again !!!!!!

Caro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try and see if encoding to H.263 instead of H.264 makes a difference, but I'm not sure what else can be done. It sounds like maybe there is something happening on those two computers, and it may not be related to Presenter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot, I will try !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources