• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captivate won't recognize my microphone

Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2007 Apr 08, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate doesn't recognize my microphone and therefore I can't record my own audio. I downloaded the Captivate updater, which is supposed to solve this problem, but Captivate still doesn't recognize my microphone.

I get the following error message:
"Adobe Captivate could not detect a recording device. Please check that a microphone or recording device using line in is connected proeprly and tured on. Do you want to try again?"

Yet my microphone works just fine with GoldWave software which I have on my computer. I can record with Goldwave, save the audio and insert it into Captivate. But I can't record directly in Captivate, which is what I want to do.
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barbara,
Be sure the microphone is plugged into the "MIC" port. What version of Captivate are you using? The "RealTek fix" works for Captivate 2 but I don't believe it will do you any good in Captivate 1.

After installing the fix, be sure to shut down and restart your system, then reopen Captivate 2. Best of luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2007 Apr 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CatBandit,
I have the same problem with Realtek - where can I download the fix? I have done some searching, but unable to find
it. Also, a downside to the process is that my company is currently restricting access to the internet!

That does not help!!!
If you know where the download is I might be able to get to it, etc

Thanks,

eholz1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! By all means! Go to the page at this link to download the hot-fix for the Realtek issue. Keep in mind that it is known to work with Captivate 2.0 but I'm unsure of its help on version 1.0.1 installations.

Have a good day, All.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mr Bandit and the forum

THANKS!!!

eholz1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2007 Apr 30, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Thanks for this communities forum.

I installed Captivate 1 in many of Notebooks with different sound cards and verify that Captivate don't runs with all Realtek, but runs with Yamaha and a most of types DELL Notebooks, for eg. DELL Latitude 120L.

Anybody know if Captivate 1 runs with sound cards present in Acer Notebook Aspire 5610, 5630 or 5633, with Intel sound Card?

Thank for tour atention!

Alessandro (Brazil) - April/30.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My IBM T60 has a SoundMAX HD Audio sound card. I downloaded the RealTek patch, thinking it might help, to no avail. I verified my laptop mic works just fine with other apps. Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello CiscoKing,

Forgive me for stating the obvious - in my case I have the RealTek embedded sound card, and the RealTek patch fixed my problem (Thanks to CatBandit, now how can we color buttons!!??). It seems to me that SoundMax <> RealTek, which might mean that the RealTek fix may not work with SoundMax.

My heart felt condolences :)

eholz1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi eholz1

You are still asking about coloring buttons? I thought that was answered over in this thread. LOL

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Larry, for your suggestions. The microphone is plugged into the MIC port, and I'm using Captivate version 2. I think that there is an incompatibility with my microphone and Captivate on my desktop computer. I tried the same microphone with Captivate on my laptop and it worked fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources