• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message on Nook device

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working fine for years, now I cannot open my downloaded library books in my Nook - I get the following message:  Error - User Not Activated.  The books are in my Adobe Digital Editions on my computer, as usual, but will not open in my Nook.  Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  What do we do?  This came after I downloaded veersion 2.0 of Nook software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My local library gave me the solution:  Apparently sometimes the Adobe authorization on the Nook disappears, so you have to reauthorize it. The steps depend on your version of Adobe Digital Editions (I think mine is probably an older version as I've used this device for several years).  Try contacting your local library and/or possibly Barnes & Noble support for specifics.  I had to do the reauthorization through my computer, which basically involved deleting two files from my Nook, disconnecting the Nook, opening Adobe Digital Editions, reconnecting the Nook, which then prompted me to authorize the device. It worked! Then I transferred the library books back into my Nook from my Adobe Digital Editions.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks very much! It was sweet of you to respond!

Thanks,

Tanya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines