• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp Server - URL Invoke with Topic Id/Map Id

Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

A Webhelp Pro project is deployed to the Robohelp Server.

I would like to know. invoking the Robohelp server for contextive sensitive help using Topic Id or Map Id.

The reason being, the Robohelp is being created for an already existing application for which internal Page Indentifers exists. These page identifiers are used as Map Id/Topic Id in Robohelp. So it would be easy to invoke a CSH with Mapid.

Thanks,

sdesab.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdesab.

Did you not get John's post in the other thread? Perhaps we are not understanding your requirement as his response seemed to answer it. There are two elements to a map file:

• Alias: This can be anything so could use the internal page identifiers.
  • Mapid: This is a number used by the application to call the alias that identifies the page to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for looking into this.

Let me reframe my question,

If the Map File looks like this,

#define MainPage_H2
#define PointMainPage_H3

Instead of calling the CSH on Robohelp Server as below,

http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server?prj=HumanResources&area=general& wnd=CSHWindow&ctxid=2

I would like to call the CSH as below

http://localhost:8080/robohelp/server?prj=HumanResources&area=general& wnd=CSHWindow&ctxid=MainPage_...

The reason being the Alias name(MainPage_H)  is the Page Identifier in my existing application, the same being used as the Alias in Robohelp.

Please let me know if my approach is incorrect or cannot be done this way.

Please suggest me or point me the right way of doing it.

Thanks,

sdesab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No you can't do that. The mapid has to be a number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the quick reposnse.

It would be a great help if you can point me to the help/approach that has to be followed to derive the map number using the Alias from the mapping file.

Thanks a lot in advance.

sdesab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you just want to create a mapid, see the following link:

http://www.cmcandrew.com/robocolumn/the-perils-of-context-sensitive-help/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

It would appear that you attached some images for the folks trying to help. Unfortunately, that is impossible when replying via email as you appear to have done.

If the images are important in making your case, I'd suggest posting them again using the web interface you used to start the thread. Click the Camera icon above where you type the reply.

tmp1.png

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rick,

It seems that an image is being attached which I am not able to see at my end.

Can you please send it in text format or use the Camera icon above where you type the  reply?

Please let me know if we can connect online or via email to discuss further.

Thank you for the quick repsonse.

Sdesab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

Can you please repost the content you are trying to send?

Thanks,

Sdesab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Sorry, but what you will need to do is visit the forums uisng a web browser to see images.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rick,

I see the same message from the forums web page .

Thanks,

Sdesab

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sdesab, I'm not really sure what you are trying to say here. You replied to Colum apparently via email. In your reply you appeared to attach a couple of images. I posted to advise you that if the images you had were relevant to assisting you with sorting things, you need to view the forums using a Web Browser. When viewing the forums using a Web Browser you are able to see images. Well, typically, you are. I do suppose for whatever reason you may have images disabled in your browser.

That's all I had to offer.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you  Rick for your time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp