• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mavericks and AE 12.0/12.1/12.2

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Mavericks, AE CC no longer opens.

Creative Cloud claims AE CC is up to date.

I am also unable to install the 12.1 or 12.2 updates manually. It simplt says "Update failled - contact support if the problem persists"

Note: Premiere, Bridge, InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Flash CC all appear to be working fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Hi guys, I've found a solution.

Step 1. Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Step 2. Download and install the manual update from Adobe's download page: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5704

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2014 Jan 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here (posted to another forum by accident).

I cannot launch After Effects 12.0 or 12.2 on my 10.9 (Mavericks) Mac. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling, and even building a new installer. Upon launching, AE says "The application "Adobe After Effects CC" can't be opened." -10810. Forcing an update fails because it says updates are suppresed by the administrator, which they are not (I am the admin). Help??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there no help on this? I can't currently use the software I'm paying for...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems!  I've uninstalled and reinstalled, but that didn't help.

Oddly enough, I also can't use AE CS6 either.  It opens, but won't save any files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Adobe support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that too. First person didn't know how to help me so they said they'd put me through to someone else and nobody responded after that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what it is that's doing this either.

I spoke to tech support and they linked a remote connection to my computer and were still unable to fix the issue. I spoke to two different reps with same result; an unopenable After Effects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to connect to CC, via updater. I have (3) updates to answer and updater opens and seems to be trying to open, but never does. I would also like to use other programs,  I have yet to download, since I have a full membership but am cut off with CC updater not working.

I am calling Support this morning but figured I would add a 'report' myself of non-working company product(s).

My version of AE, 12.1 launches and works fine though. As does PS, version 14.1.2.

Brian

mac os 10.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having trouble with the Creative Cloud desktop application not providing updates, then I recommend asking those questions on the Creative Cloud forum, where they'll be seen by folks who are more familiar with troubleshooting that component:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud?view=discussions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I've found a solution.

Step 1. Delete or rename the  <Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat

Step 2. Download and install the manual update from Adobe's download page: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=5704

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 14, 2014 Jan 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thatnks for reporting back with what worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was totally the solution to our problem!

We wasted hours on chat and phone support with Adobe, and didn't get anywhere with the solution, despite being pretty explicit about the issue. It nearly grounded my After Effects course, as half the kids who upgraded to Mavericks over winter break were unable to update CS6 to the latest version so that the software could launch, all related back to this erroneous "Admin rights" message.

Thanks for the save!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having trouble locating the file you mention (<Startup Disk>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdaterInventory/1.0/AdobeUpdaterAdminPrefs.dat), been searching for it in finder. Any tips on how to find it?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to tell your Mac OS to show hidden system files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any suggestions if the AdobePatchInstaller doesn't work? After downloading and launching I get this message. Running 10.9.4 and "Updates" in any application is greyed out. I'm signed in with my adobe ID as well.

Screen Shot 2014-08-07 at 10.00.21 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2014 Aug 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen people with this issue make it work by launching the After Effects render engine (not the full AE): "Worked after running adobe after effects render engine, letting that boot up and close, then applying the update."

Another person got it to work by uninstalling then reinstalling. "I uninstalled then reinstalled AE and ran the patch successfully. "

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2015 Jan 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird. This worked for me. I ran the render engine and updated inside of that. What a strange bug. Thanks man!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2015 Apr 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

StephenTownsend‌ For windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2015 Jun 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This also worked for me with a new standalone install of Lightroom 6 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10.3. Upgraded successfully to 6.0.1. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2014 Jul 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quickly Show/Hide Hidden Files on Mac OS X Mavericks | Ian Lunn - Front End Developer

If the restart of the Finder doesn't work out well and you can still access the Terminal app (Shift + CMD then the letter "U" will get you to the Utilities folder where it lives --  or the file path is Mac HDD > Applications > Utilities), you can restart the Finder using the Terminal app:

http://www.thxbye.de/mac/mac-restarting-the-mac-os-x-dock-finder-spaces-or-menubar.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2014 Nov 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In windows where should i find this file???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2015 Mar 13, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any solution for windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2015 Nov 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

how do you complete the first step? I'm lost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 03, 2015 Nov 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

calebe34750836 wrote:

how do you complete the first step? I'm lost

Apple hides the library folder by default. You'll need to change it so you can see it and then go from there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines