• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying template kills topics

Explorer ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I use RH6 to apply a template to one or more topics, I get the following message:

Notice: Note that the 'book folder' (file extension here) was created to hold the document and its resources.

This causes the topics to be listed as "Missing" in RH, and they're moved to a new folder based on their resepctive topic name.

I'm not sure what to from here... all I wanted was a custom header applied to a group of topics. I can't believe that this is really the way templates are supposed to work.

This is a royal pain 'diaz. Is there a better way or a work around?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick G M

Indeed this is a RoboHelp 6 quirk that has been extremely elusive!

Here's the easy way around it. Leave RoboHelp as is. Pop open Windows Explorer. Locate the .Book folder and move the topic(s) back to the original location where RoboHelp expects to find them.

By chance were the affected topic(s) imported from Word?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the book folder? I'm not too familiar with working under the RoboHood... except for skins.

The topics were indeed imported from Word.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick

Probably the best way to do this is to look at the properties for a topic. Click the File tab followed by the "Open Folder" button. (drawing from pure memory here, so things may not be labeled exactly as you would see them)

This should get you in the vicinity. Once there, it should be pretty easy to find.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 23, 2007 May 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've notice that even moving the topics back kills the images in the topics. They're conviently placed in another folder. Moving them back doesn't automatically fix everything though. You have to individually click on a the image from within RoboHelp to reselect it.

Sometimes applying a template doesn't do any of this, and works as expected. Is there some reason the magic book folders are used at times?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2007 May 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Nick,

Rick asked: By chance were the affected topic(s) imported from Word?
Is this a common factor (even though it may not happen to every topic imported from Word)?

When you apply the template, do you

1. Have the topic open and apply the template in the properties dialog?

2a. Have the topic closed and go to the properties dialog from the left frame?

2.b. Have the topic open and go to the properties dialog from the left frame?

3. Have the topic closed and go to the properties dialog from the Topics (right) frame?

4. Select several topics and go to the properties dialog to batch-apply the template?

4a. If batch applying, do you click Apply, then OK, or
4b. do you click OK only, or
4c. do you click Apply, then (not clicking OK) close the dialog using the X box at top right?

Does the problem occur most often (but not necessarily always) when you use one of these methods but not others?

Harvey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp