• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fake website

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a website which claims to be yours, once it opens, it automatically downloads a fake software called Adobe flash-player. Here's the link downland.abodoeo.com/flashplay/uk/auload.html?installer=flash_player_11_for_other_browsers&browser_type=khtml&dualoffer=false . It persistently loads and doesn't stop. It annoys me now. Please could you take it down or anything think like that. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CAN'T take it down because:

1. Adobe doesn't run that fake website.

2. Adobe doesn't run the Internet.

IF you use Firefox, Install the "BlockSite" plug-in and add that address to the list of blocked sites. Then Firefox won't allow you to go there and it'll even disable links to that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2014 Feb 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the only reason I thought Adibe could was becasue they're using their name and stuff, thats why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe CAN pursue legal action, but it's a very lenghty process, because most of the fake sites are outside U.S. jurisdiction, and International copyright violation cases take a lot longer to litigate or prosecute.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ariba,

Do you have the website that contains the link to the fake website?  If so, please post it, or PM me with it.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure Maria. I gave the link in my post as well but again, here you go.

downland.abodoeo.com/flashplay/uk/auload.html?installer=flash_player_ 11_for_other_browsers&browser_type=khtml&dualoffer=false

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ariba,

The link you posted is the one that actually downloads a file.  What I'm asking for, is what website URL you are visiting that contains that download link.  I'm going to escalate this, but I'd like the actual website URL that you are visiting tha contains this download link.

Thank you in advance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 17, 2014 Feb 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue and another one of these sites has popped up, but I didn't gather the host sites URL or the actual fake sites URL since it was a while ago. I am 90% sure it is caused by adware that comes from suspicous sites that boosts this site as a popup, so installing a popup blocker or "BlockSite" for firefox as mentioned above; chrome usually blocks sites that download suspicious files.

As for a providing site I dont think any actually do, I think it's just a random popup generated by adware augmenting the site probability instead of a legitimate advertisment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2014 Feb 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Adzaka,

Thank you for the additional information.  If you do happen to get the URL (either the download URL, or where it was posted to), it would be appreciated if you post it here.  I can then forward it to the appropriate folks to handle.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines