Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony Ereader I cannot read my books!

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2014 Jan 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Having happily bought and read books from the Sony Ereader store previously, now the error message comes up "your reader device is not currently authorised with an Adobe ID" I do have an Adobe ID and I would authorise the device if I could work out how to. Can anyone suggest how I can access Sony Ereader store books on my Sony Ereader now that there is the added complication of DRM on epub books. I have even got to the page where I enter the serial number and of course it does not recognise it................

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since when are you facing this issue ?

When was the last time you were able to read the book successfully ?

Did you reset your Sony Ereader ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Thanks for replying

the Ereader stopped working about 4 days ago, I did reset it which might have been a mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check if there is an option to activate the device.

You should have the ability to sign in using adobe id or a sony provided id. and try using the same Id that you have used in the past.

the device is connected to the Internet right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes its connected to the internet and I can sign into Adobe using the ID, I have also found the "activate the device" part but it doesn't recognise the serial number, will keep trying, thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2014 Jan 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you forget your adobe id password ? or did you get an unlock code for the book ?

you hav to remember or try to download the book again form store.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I have finally worked it out - I had to download Adobe digital editions to my laptop then synch the ereader so it lets me regain access to my library. I am really annoyed with both Adobe and Sony for enacting this bizarre software sequence that has basically shut me out of my purchased books for 3 weeks, and I have tried everything to work out what to do, would it hurt either of you to just let your customers know what is going on and how to fix it.

Amanda

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines