• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tried all Mike M's Install Flash tricks for Mac and still no luck?

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I admit, I am a neophyte with computers...but I can follow a script. I have tried to install Adobe Flash on Macbook Pro Osx 10.8.5 over the course of the last 5 days. I have attempted with Safari and Firefox. Now that i did the un-install, I have NO Flash whatsoever.

I am currently living in China, with no Geek Squad handy. I am ready to poke my eyes out with burning chopsticks.

I recognize that I could pay Adobe $175 for help, but that seems a little steep on my salary. Is there an alternative? Is there an alternative for my beloved Flash?

Thanks, Coronaradiata

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Are you seeing a "General Installation Error" at about 50%?

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeing a "General Installation Error" at about 50%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct Mike M!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1318151

That has detailed instructions to fix it. If you need help with it, post back, and I'll "walk you through it".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

MIke M (a different kind of Magic Mike) you are the best!

It took me another 5 hours, and I have no idea what mach_kernel was/is, but clearly I had disposed of it. After following your steps to a "t,"including adding "secrets," using time machine, etc. Well, because of your expertise, I was able to install Flash player.

You saved my professional life and my eyes, as the burning chopsticks have been blown out...

In all sincerity, I promise to "pay it forward" in your honor, CR

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines