• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

installing flash player

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having difficulty installing the lastest version of Flash player.  I get the "initializing" screen and then the "if you encounter any issues" screen.  My "file download dialog box" never appears so I can't bypass it.  I've installed other things before and seen the screen, but nothing seems to be happening for the Flash Player installation.  I checked the online help and made sure that the internet security is set at the recommended levels, that scripting is enabled, that Shockwave Flash Object is enabled.  All these things are done.  I just don't know what else to do.  Can anyone help? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Flash Player 12 (Mac OS X)

Just click the one you need and it'll download.

Close your browser and run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I don't mind paying for stuff if it makes my day easier. I'm just a little tired with FAQs and  "Contact Us" that leads nowhere.

And I don't like download installation files that will download the program by itself. I prefer to do it the manual way. Especially when the computer is not connetec to the Internet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those ARE manual installers. You can bookmark those links because they stay the same even as the version is updated.

And since they're FULL Installers, you CAN put them on a flash drive and use them to install on computers that have no connection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see that, but what I first got was a file less than a 1 MB.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

AskB wrote:

I see that, but what I first got was a file less than a 1 MB.

Thanks.

That's what's known as a "stub installer". I hate those things. They never work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines