• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with flash player install & viewing on web page

New Here ,
Feb 01, 2014 Feb 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed flash player from fp_12.0.0.38_archive, Installer flashplayer12_0r0_43_win. Still getting message on website that newer version of player needs to be installed, version 9 or newer. When I try and install from Adobe site it wants to install Google crap ( aint happening). SO whats up ? I have Windoze 7 Ultimate & IE 11.0.9600.16476

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the Adobe Flash Player installer directly by clicking one of the following links.

Flash Player 12 for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player 12 Plug-in (All other browsers)

Nothing in those but the installer.

IE 11 is its own mess. Microsoft intentionally screwed up the User-Agent Strings so it's almost impossible for pages to ID it properly, if they can ID it at all. The story is here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ieinternals/archive/2013/09/21/internet-explorer-11-user-agent-string-ua-str...

When the page can't ID the browser, it won't recognize the plugins, like Flash Player.
Other browsers don't have this problem, and while it's mostly limited to Windows 8, it's becoming more frequent with 7 as well. It's the main reason I disabled IE11 update notifications in my Win 7 and Win 8 machines. I need IE for testing, and this would really "pooch it" for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one site has told me to update Flash Player which I had already done. Windoze is a real piece. And I don't care for other browsers. They use windows files to run so whats the point. None I have tried were any faster or better than IE .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I don't care for other browsers. They use windows files to run so whats the point. None I have tried were any faster or better than IE .

IE uses ActiveX controls for EVERYTHING.

ActiveX controls were designed in 1993 for the upcoming Windows 95 release. Netscape, and Mozilla used them up to around 2000-2001, and then dropped them when XP was released. Since Office still uses ActiveX for some things, Microstuff refuses to let go of their technology, which is now old enough to get in bars, even though the entire rest of the world gave ActiveX up over a decade ago.

Because of ActiveX, EVERY OTHER BROWSER is faster, and safer than IE. According to the W3C (who basically run the internet)... most of the rest of the world has given up on it too.

Browser Statistics

2013IExplorerFirefoxChromeSafariOpera
December9.0 %26.8 %55.8 %3.8 %1.9 %
November10.5 %26.8 %54.8 %4.0 %1.8 %
October11.7 %27.2 %54.1 %3.8 %1.7 %
September12.1 %27.8 %53.2 %3.9 %1.7 %
August11.8 %28.2 %52.9 %3.9 %1.8 %
July11.8 %28.9 %52.8 %3.6 %1.6 %
June12.0 %28.9 %52.1 %3.9 %1.7 %
May12.6 %27.7 %52.9 %4.0 %1.6 %
April12.7 %27.9 %52.7 %4.0 %1.7 %
March13.0 %28.5 %51.7 %4.1 %1.8 %
February13.5 %29.6 %50.0 %4.1 %1.8 %
January14.3 %30.2 %48.4 %4.2 %1.9 %

Chrome is the favorite these days, but I still prefer Firefox. Chrome is a resource hog, but at least it doesn't rely on technology older than my kid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2014 Feb 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know all that but most other browsers still use Windoze drivers Dll's. I know Chrome is most widely used. Not helping with my 1 page problem. I figured it out. Don't  go to that page ...lol My main point was I don't want crap loaded on my PC as "add ons" with other downloads. Give me choice whether I want the crap installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines