Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash Installation Issues

Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7, Firefox.  I have tried to install an updated version of the flash player and I am getting the connection issues when it is downloading.  I then try the 17 meg version and it stalls right at the end, eventually  it finishes (or times out) and when I try to run it, it tells me I don't have a valid win-32 application.  Thinking that my current version might have been corrupt, I uninstalled it using your instructions on the uninstall-flash-player page.  I uninstalled, verified that it was uninstalled, but my install still isn't working.  I have turned off my McAfee firewall, etc.  Help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bypass the GUI downloader/installer

Use the FULL offline installer here: Flash Player 12.0.0.43 Plug-in (All other browsers)

Close Firefox and then run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay,  I have done this but again the downloader gets to the end of the download and then pauses, and then finishes (times-out?)  When I try to execute the file, it tells me I don't have a valid win-32 application.  Is there something in firefox I need to change to let this download, or are there some Adobe files that need to be cleaned up prior to downloading.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Not a valid Win32 application" is almost ALWAYS a bad download. Usually cause by Antivirus deleting a portion of it because of poor or outdated definitions.

Disable your Antivirus completely (not just the firewall - the scan will delete things and corrupt them even with the firewall off - McAfee and Norton are the worst) and THEN download and install from that link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK - so I had two programs doing overlapping tasks - McAfee and YAC (Yet Another Cleaner).  I disabled everything I could find for McAfee and uninstalled YAC (which I actually liked).  Once I did these two things, I was able to download and run the installer.  Thanks.  Thought you might like to read some good news.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines