• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I install Adobe Presenter 9 on Windows 8.1 running MS Office 2013 (32 bt)?

New Here ,
Jan 30, 2014 Jan 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I install a trial version of Adobe Pesenter 9 running Windows 8.1 and also running MS Office 2013? I am sure it is 32 bit, so that is not the issue. I can see it in the add-ins in Power Point, but when I check it to run, it will not do anything. I have restarted my computer, unistalled and reinstalled Adobe Presenter a few times, and still, it will not work. It was working at one time, but now it will not work for the life of me. I have completed a presentation I would like to showcase in my portfolio. Please help me with this problem. Thank You!!

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Presenter forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I am still waiting for an answer to this. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I would like to put an example of Adobe Presenter in my portfolio, but am starting to think it might be best to change it to another similar product since I can't figure out how to install it. Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When Presenter stops functioning for me (I click on any of the buttons and nothing happens), I launch Windows Task Manager and find any PowerPoint Process running (usually in Background processes), and force it to quit. Then re-launching PPT will allow the Presenter function to work.

Not sure if this matches your situation, but worth trying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jorma,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunatelly I can't get Adobe Presenter to even show up with its buttons visable in Power Point. It is available in the add-ons and I check it, but the tab never even appears.

What is weird is that it was there at one time and I was able to create a training with it and publish it. But I need to make adjustments to my presentation and now I can't even get it working. Super strange.

Anyway, any help would be so appreciated!!

Thanks,

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I figured it was a long shot, but thought I would throw it out there. The buttons not appearing is a different issue for sure.

When you look in the Add-in's dialog, do you see Presenter as disabled? If so, can you re-enable it and then close and relaunch Presenter?

If you go to File > Account in PPT 2013 you should be able to see if it is 32 or 64 bit. Never hurts to check, though I know you said it was 32 bit.

Did you get any errors when installing/reinstalling Presenter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again,

Yes, I see it as disabled, but when I enable it and then close and relaunch

Power Point, it still is not there. Here are some stills of what I have:

After turning it on and then restarting Power Point:

Super weird for sure. Any help would be appreciated!!

Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ,

Welcome to Adobe Support,

Please Launch Powerpoint as an administrator , Right click/Properties/Compatibility and check Run this program as an administrator.

Go to File/Options/COM Add-ins,check Adobe Presenter Powerpoint COM Addin. click on ok.

Then look for the disabled add-ins if you found adobe presenter add-in disable ,enable it. close Powerpoint, relaunch it again and let me know if you see adobe presenter add-in enable and active in the powerpoint.

Please let me know if it helps you.

Thanks & Regards,

Puspendra Yadav

Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Puspendra,

It looks like by just opening it as an Administrator, I have access to the

Adobe Presenter tab. However, as soon as I try to use the Slide Manager, I

get this error message:

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Pushpendra yadav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response, Could you paste the screenshot of an error, so that I can help you accordingly or you may send me an email at tcssup@adobe.com with the subject line of this concern. We may need to troubleshoot the concern, according to the error message.

Thanks & Regards,

Puspendra Yadav

Adobe Support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2014 Feb 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am having the same problem.  When I run as admin the Presenter ribbon appears.  However, when I try to use it, PowerPoint locks up and I get the "Not Responding" msg. 

I am running Windows 8.1, Office 2013 and Presenter 9.0.  I know that Office is 32 bit and I think Presenter is 32 bit but I'm not sure how to find out what Presenter is. 

Can you help me?

-Kristi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources