• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 12 is installed on win7, but not recognized by IE9 or Firefox26 as a plug-in

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2014 Jan 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have several windows 7 pcs that have Flash 12 installed (can see them in list of programs in control panel). Flash was working fine until last version 11. Now even though Windows shows Flash 12 as installed, IR9 and Firefox 26 don't see it. I don't see a Shockwave Player add-on to enable or disable in either browser. When I go to the Adobe test flash web page, it shows that flash is not installed, but recognizes my browser and OS fine. I updated my display drivers per forum suggestions but of course not helpful in this case. I used an MSI installer from Adobe to try to rule out permissions as a problem, but same issue.

I went through all the help documentation already available, but don't pretain to my situation since I am not getting any error messages. What makes it even crazier is that a few of the machines on my network have Flash working just fine. They are identical in hardware and software as the ones with Flash not working. I am at a dead end. Any new suggestions would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you see in the Control Panel is the "Global Settings Manager" which can and does remain even if the Flash Player isn't working or is partially removed. Where you need to look for the Flash Player is C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash (on 64 bit systems).

Unfortunately I don't deal with MSI or network installs, but I'll pass this along to another member who has experience with them, and get you a good working link for both installers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have both ActiveX (for IE) and plugin (for other browsers) installed?  What files do you have in

• C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash ?
  • C:\Windows\Syswow64\Macromed\Flash ?

Did you use the MSI installers for both ActiveX and plugin?  What is the digital signature date in these MSI installers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both for your responses. All the affected machines are 32-bit. I see both ActiveX and plugin versions installed in the control panels.

The date on the 12.0.0.38 MSI digital signature are as follows:

plugin - ‎‎Monday, ‎January ‎06, ‎2014 10:02:50 PM

activex - ‎Friday, ‎December ‎13, ‎2013 6:09:54 PM

Here is what I see in C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\:

FlashInstall.log

mms.cfg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines