• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error: The Parameter is incorrect

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2007 May 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m working on a project using RoboHelp HTML 6 and i can´t delete a topic, cause the error
¨The Parameter is incorrect¨ appears. The same error also appears when i choose the properties option withing any topic.
The project generates the htm and it works apparently OK. But still want to know how to solve this error.
Thanks for your help.

Alba

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum.

See Snippet 73 on my site.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks I´ll try with both suggestions and see if the error dissapears.
I can send a copy of the project, so U can check it out.

Alba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2007 May 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this problem. Everything works perfectly until I close my project. When I go back into the project later I get the Parameter is incorrect error whenever I try to view the properties of my topics or view the properties for Printed Documentation. For the topics, the error appears, but when I click on OK, the properties dialogue box opens normally. For the Printed Documentation properties, the error appears, I click on OK, the error appears again, and again, and again. . .

I have one project that I have recreated twice, but every time the error appears after I have closed the project and later reopened it. This is certainly very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very grateful to receive a copy. How big is the project zipped up? If it is under 10mb, then email it via my site. Otherwise email me for instructions.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is a small project. Tell me if i have to zip all the folders created under the project name or just the .xpj file ?
Another question: I tried creating a new project and imported all the html files from my other project.
The error dissapeared, my html files are OK, except for the Template file and Index. I lost them. I had to create them again !!
Do U know if it is possible to import these files, too.
Or to do,something like save as or drag and drop items from one project to the other ?

Thanks,
Alba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I would need the whole project, all files and folders. I would like to look at it and also forward it to Adobe if that is OK with you? Just zip it and email it.

The TOC and Index can be taken from your old project. If the project name is the same, just copy and paste the HHK and HHC files from old to new. If they are different, delete these files from the new project, copy from the old and then rename to match the project name (same as the XPJ file). Do that with RH closed.

Is it deleting any file that gives the problem or just some?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi:
I´m going to send u the all the zipped folder.
Thanks for the hint regarding the index and template. I´ll check it out.
Yes, the error appears when trying to delete any topic or trying to see their properties.

Alba.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Is the folder that the zip file will create one that is directly off your C drive or is it under some other folder with a longer path?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey I´m having problems sending U the attachment due to some zip files restrictions. Let me try sending it by
my hotmail address.
The exact path is:
D:\DATA.IDB\RoboHelp 6.0\Manual_DRSA

Alba//

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try changing ZIP to TXT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't received anything. If you are having trouble, contact me via my site and I will let you have instructions to FTP the project. That should be much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I´m sorry. I couldn´t send it by hotmail either. It says the attached file has a ¨virus¨. But it doesn´t.
Tell me the steps i have to follow to sen dit over your website,

Alba

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact me via my site. I can then email you the instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome to the forum CFoz

Nothing I can add on this. I'm happy to take a look at your project if the zipped size is reasonable.

Are there any full stops (periods) in the folder names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone with this problem using full stops (periods) in the folder or file names or characters with accents above or similar, characters that are not used in US or UK English?

Just wondering if that is a factor.

Confirmation that you are not using these would also help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2007 May 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there are no full stops or special characters in my file or folder names. I will try to send you one of my projects so that you can look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found last week when troubleshooting this issue for a co-worker, that the project's .pss file appeared to be the culprit.
I was unable to delete a topic from the TOC and would get an error "The Parameter is incorrect".
I isolated the Single Source Layouts | Printed Documentation as being inaccessible. In fact, if I tried clicking on that, I had to use Windows Task Manager to exit the program altogether.
I used a third party debugging tool to find the file that was causing the problem. In my case it was the project's .pss file (projectname.pss).
I closed RoboHelp, renamed the .pss file and then relaunched the program.
A new projectname.pss file was built automatically and the problem was gone. I can see no loss of data in the project, so it appears to have resolved the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2007 May 21, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just so that others are aware, that finding has been reported to Adobe who are looking at it. I have asked them to confirm that there should be no downside to this method.

Many thanks for all the work that went into finding the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2008 Jan 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting the .pss file and then opening fixed a similar problem for me ... just confirming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2009 May 25, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm getting the same error message "The Parameter is incorrect" when trying to open a project.

Deleted the pss file didn't make any changes.

Have a RoboHelp 8 which I'm getting the project form perforce source control.

Could you please help me with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In another post on a different subject, Gravenstein posted the following:

<quote>There aren't very many files that RoboSource Control excludes. Let's see, a quick tally of my RH6 webhelp project shows the following to be excluded:
* projectname.cpd
* projectname.pss
* projectname.hhp
* projectname.trl
* ehlpdhtm.js

That's not very many, but the consequences of adding them to RSC are severe--things get very messed up, very fast. That's why I always let RH control the upload into RSC. Not an option if you're not using RSC, I realize.

</quote>

I don't work with source control but I would imagine that list applies to other source control programs and to RH8.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I let the RoboHelp take control of source control.

So the specified files are not listed in the source control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp