• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3rd Party Products installed by default

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received my flash player update prompt.  When I click to download the latest player, the download manager also downloads and installs a trial of McAfee anti-virus as well as well as Google Chrome which is set to become my default browser.  This is very frustrating.  I already have an very good anti-virus program as well as the browser I want to use.  I should be able to say no to these additional items, but I can't... unless, I abort the automated update and manually go through updating am I able to de-select the items.  Several of my IT co-workers have also found this to be true.

If this message gets posted, I would ask Adobe to prompt if I want the additional software during the automated update process rather than force the installation.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Uh, I've done extensive testing of the GUI updater, and I've personally seen the "blind install" of McAfee, but....

You get one or the other (McAfee or Google) not both, unless you're updating both the ActiveX, AND standard plugin, then you may get one with each, but the ONLY one I've seen blind install is McAfee.

I documented and screenshot it last July, and if nothing has changed in six months, "it ain't gonna".

That's why I ALWAYS update everything (Windows, OS X, Adobe, Roxio, you name it) manually. ALWAYS.

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Bookmark those. The links remain the same even when the version is updated. Sure, it's a little more work than using the GUI updater, but it's a LOT LESS than going back and removing unwanted software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines