• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash player 9 for xpstill available for download?

New Here ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with an AV company and need to install flash 9 in order to work with this system. I see 10 available in archives but nothing lower then this.  Is this still available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 03, 2014 Feb 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just my $0.02... ANY A/V company worth their salt, wouldn't be using software so old it requires a "three-year-out-of-date" plug-in (http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-9-support-discontinued.html).

I'm a freelancer, and I don't use anything that old... even with my limited budget, I have to keep up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I had found this. As far as the .2 cents. My software is typically up to date. I am the service manager and occasionally in service you have clients that have odd requests to try to update or revive old equipment. If it is what the client wants you have to adapt sometimes. (At least make the attempt) if it could be done without using 9 I would but the manufacturer of the equipment I'm on requires flash 9.

[ private information removed - see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand that completely.

Had a potential client I turned away recently because he insisted I use a 2002 copy of (Macromedia) Director to build a "video slideshow" website... that would require EVERYONE who might visit it to find (good luck), download and install (good luck again) their own copy of the original Macromedia Projector just to see it.

The guy is still running Windows 98 1st Edition, on a P1 (400mHz) with 64Mb RAM and a (are you ready for this) 2Gb Hard Drive. I'm sure that's a collector piece nowadays, but for production? He's an artist using MSPaint to edit his photographs of work he's done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines