• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win7 Home Ed, IE 11.0.9600 - latest Fl Player caught by my Malware - can't install it.

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello-

I discovered my Flash Player - newest version as of 2/04/ 2013, had a virus or malware. I uninstalled it,

& deleted it in my Malware quarantine. Now every time I try to download the newest, latest version of Fl Player,

it is caught/removed by my malware. I also read on line last night that Adobe's Fl Player had  malware or a glitch

in it, so they had put out a newer version as of yesterday afternoon. So I tried downloading the Fl Player 12, &

it was STILL (also), caught by my Malware .

I need Flash Player to operate my computer, of course, so I am quite unhappy .Please tell me what I need to do, to

solve my problem. 

Thank you,    az.gal

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First of all, Adobe Flash Player (from here) has never had malware of any kind in it. Adobe isn't in the business of distributing viruses and they never have been.

There are literally thousands of "rogue" sites out there that have an "official look" to them and the are offering all sorts of infected ware, under the name Flash Player. Unfortunately Adobe can't keep up with all of them and since Adobe doesn't run the whole internet, they can't stop them or shut them down without going through lengthy legal proceedings, since most of the offending sites are outside U.S. jurisdiction.

The latest release (2/4/2014) WASN'T because the previous version "contained malware". It was released to fix identified security issues. There's a new virus or derivitive of a known virus created for Windows every 20 (twenty) minutes. Adobe normally releases "incremental" updates every six weeks, but when a new vulnerability is identified, a "security patch" like 120.0.044 is released ahead of schedule. That doesn't mean it "contained malware" by any stretch of the imagination.

If you have malware, you need to get rid of it, using your Anti-virus.

If your Antivirus has "out of date" definitions, it'll give you a false positive on clean files. I've seen it hundreds of times in the last year. Some A/V software is abominable when it comes to keeping up, quarantining Window updates even.

The REAL Flash Player downloads are here:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer) (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current...

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers) (http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/su...

Anything else, from anywhere else... is a fake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines