• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have installed Flashplayer

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and have used it successfully in the past I updated the installation as requested and now it will not work although the update was installed. I get a message "Flashplayer out of date"

I've tried this countless times removing the Flashplayer and reinstalling and still it will not work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you get the information that your Flash Player is out of date, you will not have updated it successfully at all.

Please try my workaround described here (and tell me if it works for you):

http://forums.adobe.com/message/6088136

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happens to me.  I was just prompted to install an update on my iMac (OS X Mavericks) and now suddenly every time I try to play a video it says 'Flash out of date'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this I thought it was me doing something stupid but you seem to have the same problem. How have you or have you solved it?

[ private information removed - see http://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-3731 ]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've solved it by using my iphone to watch videos I don't have the time or the mental power to mess around trying to fix it.  I'd likely make it worse.  My hope is that Adobe gets it fixed soon because we're clearly not the only ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Willowby: Did you read about my workaround above (1. Reply)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I did and got a bit lost with it truthfully. I'm a bit cautious since I spoke with Adobe Support this morning. I am trying to reach them now and have been holding for over 48 minutes as yet. At the moment I can't play any video using Flashplayer its just crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever get anywhere with Adobe?  My daughters MacBook automatically ran the Flash update and now hers is doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay.  Mine is fixed.  Unbelievable all I had to do was restart.  Apparently Adobe left out the part about needing to restart in order for changes to take effect.  My daughter figured it out before I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Flash Player does not require a system restart for it to work after installation, however, depending on the browser, you may need to restart the browser for it to load the newly installed plugin.  On Mac, you need to actually terimate the browser (simply closing the browser doesn't completely terminate the browser processes) and launch the browser again.

If you're not seeing Flash content after installing then the installation process was not completely successful.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I never did get anywhere with Adobe. I waited on the support line for 65 minutes and then gave up since I had other things to do. I have not checked to see if it is fixed yet. I've just restarted the Mac so we'll see what happens. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines