• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help. Keep getting general install error for flash player.

Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help. Keep getting general install error for flash player. Tried support and nothing has worked.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Schnappschuss+(2013-10-21+16.07.36).jpg

THAT's what you're seeing?

OS 10.8.5, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem using OS X Mavericks 10.9.2 and trying to install Flash 13. I have tried what scant tips I have been able to find:

-Ran uninstaller and made sure there are no Flash remnants around

-Rebooted to my Admin account in Safe Mode

-Repaired permissions

I have read the "How to install a clean Flash install" page and followed those instructions.

The end result: Nada. I tried reinstalling Flash 12 using the offline download and now I get "this installation failed" on that one.

So now I have no Flash on my computer and no way to get it there. I've wasted way too much time on this and am ready to tear my hair out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2014 Apr 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See:

Why is the Flash Player installer crashing on OS X 10.8.5?

I know it says 10.8.5, but the error most likely comes from the same place if you upgraded to Mavericks from 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2014 Jul 03, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue, but after a few tries (and restarts), it just started working again.  I really haven't the slightest idea of how I got it to work, but maybe persistence helped!

Maybe try restarting after uninstalling everything?  I think I did that between uninstalling and trying to install the new version.

~Jim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines