An article about Adobe Flash Player

Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are between 2 and 5 update patches like this every year.

It's NOT because Adobe did something wrong or forgot to do something.

There is a new virus or derivitive of virus created for Windows every 20 minutes, That means a new vulnerability in WIndows has been discovered and exploited (been that way since 1995 at least), and if it affects Flash Player, Adobe will release a "patch" for it as soon as it's identified and they have a fix for it.

No big deal, just make sure you're up to date and your Anti-virus is too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am probably really dumb but I don't have an anti-virus on my Mac....supposedly because Macs don't get viruses....that's what I was told.  Is there a good free anti-virus program I can use?  My husband has AVG Free on his PC and has used it for years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're not dumb. You're one of the smart ones. You understand the plain simple facts.

I got my first Mac in February 2002 (12 yrs ago this Saturday). When I worked at Intuit, I did a 6 month test for McAfee on a Mac, and I've never used any A/V software other than that, and I removed it as soon as I was done with the test.

Fact is: There is no such thing as a virus for a Mac. Sure, there are apps that can mess things up, but they aren't viruses, and are usually easily remedied, unlike a Windows virus.

Some at Apple will recommend ClamX (free in the App store), but I've never seen a virus on any of the eight (8) Macs I've owned and I've put each of them through a living H-E-L-L. I don't see the need for A/V on my MAc and I have four Windows virtual machines I run from it. THey all have AVG Free, but that's only for the Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines