• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why won't Adobe flash load and why am I now left with blocked plug ins ?!!

New Here ,
Feb 05, 2014 Feb 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I received a demand via Safari to download latest version of Adobe flash player.

I did so and immediately found my system virtually unusable, with blocked plug ins at every turn. Neither has the flash player actually installed, despite constant attempts.  I have removed previous versions, etc, restarted the Mac etc, taken every bit of advice going.

24 hours later and having wasted nearly a whole day,  I am still left with a Mac with applications I cannot now access which were running to perfection before trying to download Adobe flash player.   Hugely frustrating and annoying.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

What version of OS X are you on, does the installer run after downloding it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying Oyseka

Its a MAC 10.6.8.   When downloading, the Adobe goes through the 1-2-3-stages and it shows the run of the download.

I restart the MAC after, but the download doesn't appear on the system. There is a page where you can confirm if you have an Adobe flash player downloaded, a small grey box which remains empty if there is no flash player.  It always remains empty ! 

And the message remains on whichever application, that I need to download a flash player before I can access it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had a different issue in that the install hung at 95% but I used a manual install and that fixed the problem. See if this works for you as it appears that the installer is buggy.

Use the "Manual Install" mode. Control-click on Install Adobe Flash Player.app

"In the Contents/Resources folder, you’ll find a file named Adobe Flash Player.pkg. Double click it"

That worked.

Just to mention, you do not need to restart the system after installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines