Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation of Flash Player failed

Feb 06, 2014 Feb 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Sony Vaio Laptop with Windows 7 64bit system and the Firefox browser. When I install the Flash Player everything seems to work well, but after having finished the installation the Flash Player is actually not installed - it does not appear on the program list and the Adobe installation test also shows no installation. What can I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's NOT a program, so you'll never find it there. It's a "plugin" for your browser, located in C/Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash and C/Windows/SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash.

Are you using Microsoft's latest, and worst yet, browser Internet Exploder 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right, it is not a program, but nevertheless it appears in the program list if it is correctly installed. As I posted, I am using the Firefox browser.

Adobe offers a tool on their support site which recognizes a correctly installed Flash Player and this tool also shows no flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Download the Flash Player Uninstaller

Also the Flash Player 12.0.0.44 Plug-in (All other browsers)

Run the uninstaller, and then the full installer.

In Firefox, click Tools>Add-ons and the Plug-ins tab.

Check that Flash Player is "always activated"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines